Thursday, January 01, 2004

Month 2, Day 29, 13 DPO

I should have wrote yesterday, but I never got a chance. Here's what was going on at day 12 DPO. I woke up early (too excited to sleep) and took my temp. 40 minutes early than normal it was still at a beautiful 98.3. So I went to the bathroom and took a pregnancy test. It was negative. Despite the result, I wasn't that down. Here's why.

I compared my chart from last month to the one from this month and have noticed some very interesting and, I think, important differences. My temps in general are lower this month, but my pre-ovulatory pattern looks really similar to last month. Then post ovulation both charts temps go up and sort of spike at around 5 DPO. Then the changes happen. Last month after 5 DPO, the temps headed back down and hovered right around the coverline for the next 7 days. They didn't drop below coverline until 11 DPO and then they stayed below until AF started on 13 DPO. This month my temps started dropping on 6 DPO again, and then actually dipped below coverline on 7 DPO. Then on day 8, they went back up to where the 5 DPO spike was and have stayed well above coverline since. My hopeful interpretation is that my egg implanted on 7 DPO and my temps went back up to keep my uterus "warm" for the egg to grow.

I've had some other symptoms that could either be pregnancy or other things like stress, PMS, etc. Like I was really tired all day yesterday (12 DPO) and I've been a little moody and I have breast tenderness. In itself, that's not enough to say I'm pregnant, but with my new temp pattern, I'm hopeful.

I also did some reasearch and think that your HCG levels are rarely high enough to be picked up in a HPT until about 14 DPO. So even if I am pregnant, it may just be too early to detect.

Ok, so that was yesterday. I woke up and took my temp this morning and it was 98.0. I was hoping for another high like the last two days, but 98.0 is still above my coverline of 97.7, so I guess I'm ok with that. Today I just have to wait around and hope AF doesn't come. Today is the day it is due. If AF doesn't come and my temp is still above the coverline tomorrow, I will test again. Aaah, waiting, aint it fun?

No comments: