Saturday, January 31, 2004

Month 4, Day 1

Ok, so not so confused anymore, AF decided to show today. That means I had a 27 day cycle! I don't know if that's every happened. Because of it being so short, I'm thinking that maybe I did actually ovulate on Day 14 instead of 16. That would mean my LP was 13 days this month (or 11?). Anyway, it wasn't 12 or 15 which were my previous numbers. I thought getting AF would make my cycles easier to interpret this month. That would be too easy though. Anyway...

I can honestly say that I'm not that crushed. It happened before I was ready to start testing and I really had prepared myself for a negative.

Positives for this month: 1. Another good month to work on BFL. I lost 5.5 pounds this month, I may be back into my smaller clothes by the end of next month. 2. I didn't take a test! No money wasted. 3. The work situation I was concerned about would be a little better for a pregnancy this month. 4. Baby due no sooner than mid-November, we're getting into less of a "summer" pregnancy. 5. Erica and I still have a shot at doing this together. Our cycles are now 1 day apart.

We'll see what happens this month. I kind of liked not stressing. I'll try to do that again. I'll get pregnant when the time is right. Well, I guess I should schedule my annual exam now. They sent me a card a few weeks ago, but I wanted to wait to call until I knew whether I'd have a pregnancy appointment first. I'm not due for my exam until mid-April, but I'll get my appointment on the calendar and hopefully, they'll turn that one into a pregnancy appointment. I was also thinking, if nothing happens by then, I'll have a lot of good months to take my charts in.

This could be it. They say that even with perfect timing, you only have about a 20% shot of pregnancy in any one cycle. That means that most people will get pregnant within 6 months of trying if they have good timing, etc. I know we had good timing on 2 of the 3 months and ok timing on the other one. Statistically, every month we don't succeed makes it more likely the next month.

Ok, gotta clean the house for our Superbowl party.

No comments: