Thursday, January 01, 2004

New Years

I hope you all had a happy New Year's. Ours was pretty good. We went over to our best friend's Will and Samara's. Samara and I started cooking some cheese fondue to snack on while we made a "fancy" dinner. The fondue was awesome, now I'm really looking forward to our girl's weekend when we are actually going to a fondue restaurant. Then we made the meal. Samara made a Salmon dish for her and Will, but since Eric and I aren't big fish fans we made Chicken Cordon Bleu for us. We also had a pesto angelhair pasta and salad. For desert we had cream puffs with carmel, chocolate, and powdered sugar. It was really pretty because Samara used her china for us, and focused a whole lot on presentation of the meal.

After we ate (about 10:30 p.m.) we broke out the new DVD trivial pursuit pop culture game Eric and I got for Christmas. We played boys vs. girls and had a very close game, but the boys ended up winning the final question. We played until about 1:30 p.m., but took a break to watch the ball drop and have that first New Year's kiss. It was nice.

So the new year is hear and I think I need some goals. Here they are.
1. Get back in shape - I know this is cliche but I really don't like what's happened to my body in the last 6 months. This goal will apply regardless of how soon I get pregnant. I'm preparing the diet/exercise plan today and maybe even starting tomorrow, if I can get rid of some candy. Monday will be the absolute latest I start.
2. Go back to church. I've neglected my spiritual life for a while. I need to get back into a church family and get active. I always like it when I'm involved, but then life seems to get in the way. I definately think growing up going to church and with spiritual parents made me a better person and I want to give my children that chance as well.
3. Work on my Scrapbook. I still haven't started my GWO scrapbook and now I need to do the journaling in the one my Mom gave me. Also I have the new journal chest that I need to get started on.

That seems pretty good for now. Happy New Year's everyone!

No comments: