Sunday, April 18, 2004

The Weekend

I'm so sad this weekend is coming to an end. Here's my recap.

Friday
We went to dinner at Champps with Will and Samara. It was really nice because we haven't seen them in person in almost two months. We got to catch up a bit and just hang out.

Saturday
I spent the morning and afternoon cleaning the house. It was a beautiful day so Eric did yardwork and I had the windows open. It feels so good to know everything is clean and not be cooped up in a dirty house. In the early evening Will and Samara came over (with Chance) and we grilled some hamburgers, hot dogs and brats. April and Martin came over too and I think everybody had a good time. Zeus had so much fun playing with his doggy friends. (Jax and Peaches came over too). Samara also showed me a scrapbook page she made on the computer, which seems like a good way to go. It's the kind of thing you could use, if you like the idea of scrapbooking, but the actual work of cutting out paper and pictures and gluing isn't that exciting. Anyway, after dinner we took all the dogs to Brusters for some ice cream. Then Will and Samara took off (they are both taking classes and have homework to do). Then April and Martin came back to our house and we played Phase 10. I won.

Sunday
We went to church. It was a little weird. At the end of every service they read prayer requests that people write on these cards. Well, this morning. One of the requests was for "Megan and Chad who lost a baby this week." That was really hard for me to hear and I started to get a bit teary. (I don't know who Megan and Chad are, but my heart breaks for them). Then the next request was for "Jennifer Cruz who lost her fourth baby in a miscarriage." I just couldn't take it. I just cried. I wasn't loud or obnoxious, but I did need to dig the Kleenex out of my purse. By the time the service was over, I was under control and we had Sunday School. Lew, our teacher, saw me before class and asked how I was feeling (I told the class last week about our answer to prayer). I told him, "fine." Then he asked me how Eric was doing. I said he was doing good. Then we went up to class. At the end of Sunday School, we also do prayer requests before we pray and leave. A couple people had requests, and then Lew looked and me and said, "What about you guys?" I said, "Yes, the same as last week. We're a little nervous, but doing good." He then said he thought I lost the baby. When he heard the prayer request during church, he thought it was me. It wasn't. It was such a bizarre mix up though. I guess he even told the people in the class before we went up there. Everyone was all confused. We straightened it out though.

This afternoon we went to a Membership Class at the church. I think we are going to join. It's a little weird for me since it's a Methodist Church and I've always been in Baptist churches, but this is the first place that's really felt like home in 3 years. I love the paster and think he's really easy to understand and listen too. I love their "new" contemporary service with praise and worship. I love our Sunday school class. I'm excited about meeting more people and getting involved in service. This church really seems to be in the right direction about focus. The only thing I see different in the demoninations is some of the structure and organization of the administration. The core beliefs seem to be the same. I asked about baptism and while they do "baptize" babies. You don't have too. They leave that up to the parents and if we want to wait until our child has the chance to make the decision on his/her own, that's ok too. He will also do the person's choice of sprinkling, pouring, or dunking. I think I can live with that. We are planning on joining in two weeks. April will be our sponser.

Well, that's about it for now. Be sure to tune in tomorrow for the baby development info for what happens in during week 6. It's sure to be exciting.


No comments: