Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Sick Day

I'm home sick today. Yesterday afternoon I started to develop a headache. I hate headaches. I suffered through and went to the grocery store, but by 7:00 p.m. wanted nothing more than to lay on the couch. Either the headache or morning sickness made food very undesirable, but as not eating just kept making me more nauseous, I made some chicken noodle soup. I ate about a half a bowl. Later I also had a couple of bites of ice cream. Eric and were watching The Sixth Sense on ABC, but even with the only light in the room coming from TV hurting my eyes, I gave into my migraine and went to bed at about 9:30 p.m. Yesterday, I also found out we don't have any Tylenol as Eric took our bottle to work and that's the only thing on my "approved medication" list from the doctor.

I didn't sleep well and remember waking up at about 4:30 a.m. thinking, why won't this headache go away? When I got up at about 7, it had faded a bit, but was still lingering. I decided to call in for the first half of the day and try to sleep a couple more hours. I got up again at 10:00 a.m. and still felt bad. Mostly morning sickness this time. I decided to just make the whole day a sick day and stay home. I think I could handle either the headache or morning sickness, but having both was just too much to deal with.

Well, I should feel better in another 6 to 7 weeks. That seems like an incredibly long time to feel sick. I'm not really complaining that much though. This time I undeniably have pregnancy symptoms and that makes me less nervous about my appointment next week. I've been praying and asking God to help me not to worry. I didn't ask for Him to make me sick, but if being sick makes me worry less, than I'll take it. I've also read that people with morning sickness are less likely to miscarry, although there are exceptions on both sides of that issue.

I told my boss I was pregnant yesterday. For no real reason except that I felt sick and was tired and just felt like it, I cried twice at work yesterday morning. I thought, maybe I should clue my boss in, so he doesn't think I'm having a mental breakdown. He said congratulations. I'm not really hiding it, but I'm still not announcing it to everyone yet, I think I want to wait until I have that ultrasound picture in my hand.

Ok, well, I'm getting queasy again, I think I'll go take a nap. I just wish food sounded good. On the bright side, I've lost a little weight. I'm 2 1/2 pounds lighter than when I started BFL again on 3/22. I'm sure that will change quickly in the next couple of months, but I don't really want to gain more than the recommended 3-4 pounds in the first trimester. Looks like I'm going to be in good shape there.

No comments: