Friday, April 30, 2004

7 Weeks, 0 Days

I should be working, but Friday’s are so hard. We just finished up Pete’s (my boss) baby shower here at the office. I didn’t get the blanket I’ve been working on in time. I got pretty close though. They didn’t have tons of gifts, but we got them some big things from the office including a stroller and swing.

I’m starting to get really excited about my baby. It still scares me a bit to go all out 100%, but I’ve been trying to focus on not worrying. My appointment is in one week, so then I’ll really be able to breathe a sigh of relief and jump into the “I’m having a baby!” excitement.

I’m pretty sure things are progressing like they should. The baby is making me sick and grumpy. I’ve been nauseous for about a week now. This morning was my worst morning at work. I had to go and sit in the bathroom for a while because I was afraid to be at my desk and too far away for a graceful sprint to the restroom. I ended up telling two more people that came in at different times and found me in the bathroom. I just felt so sick and cried a little, but they were all happy for me even though, I was feeling miserable. I had to take a walk outside too, to get some fresh air. There are no windows (that open) in the office, and I had to breathe some fresh air. It seems like I feel the worst between 8:30 and 9:30 a.m. I try to eat some crackers in the morning while I’m getting ready and I eat an apple in the car on the way to work, but I still feel bad about the time I get here.

I hope I’m not complaining too much. I have a hard time imagining feeling this bad or worse for the next 6 weeks, but the end product is worth it. I bought some Sea Bands to see if they helped. They didn’t. I haven’t thrown up yet, but am still not counting on that to stay that way for 6 more weeks. I wish I had something more exciting to talk about, but until next week, my morning sickness is about it.

No comments: