Sunday, April 04, 2004

I'm Back!

I've been in Iowa since Thursday, below is the play-by-play. It was so good to spend time with family just because without the stress of holidays, etc. I hadn't seen Mom and Dad since Christmas, so it was about time for a visit. I think it was a really good visit and had a really nice time.

Thursday
I worked until noon and then came home, went to the gym for my cardio, came home and finished packing. Eric picked me up to go to the airport around 3:15 p.m. My flight left at 5:05 p.m. I got into DesMoines around 8:00 p.m. (Central) and Mom picked me up. We went back to the house and just hung out and caught up a little.

Friday
We got up bright and early to head for our day at the spa. It was good, but we were a little disappointed because they kept us separate all day. We kind of wanted to do our spa day "together", but hey, it was still a day at the spa. I started with an hour long facial which was so great (I'm leaning towards a facial at the girl's weekend). After my facial I had a pedicure and manicure and really had a great chat with the pedicure/manicurist. My feet felt so soft afterwards and my nails had really grown alot lately so now they look good. After my manicure they took me into a room with a recliner and TV to hang out until my next appointment. I was probably in there for about an hour, but they brought me lunch (had to even eat lunch without Mom). While I was waiting, Mom came in and had finished her body wrap and massage and it was time for her to eat lunch. They came and got me for my body wrap and massage. The body wrap was bizarre. I got to wear a "spa thong" and they took rubber ACE bandages (soaked in some kind of hot herbal blend) and wrap you from ankle to wrist to neck. They take measurements before and after and I lost about 5 inches (I'm sure it was just temporary). After being wrapped, they put you in a rubber suit and took me back to the recliner room to soak. I waited about an hour and then they took me back and unwrapped me. Then I had my massage. It wasn't as great as my previous massage, but getting rubbed for an hour, I'm not complaining. After my massage, I went out and my manicurist, washed and styled my hair. We were there until about 4:00 p.m.

After the spa we drove back to the house and picked up Dad to go to dinner. We ate at the Peppertree? It was yummy. Then we went back to the house and Mom and I watched Pirates of the Caribbean (well I watched and Mom dozed).

Saturday
Mom made Waffles, Bacon and eggs for breakfast and then we went to DesMoines to go shopping. We went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and I got a few things. Then to the mall and I got a new pair of jeans from New York and Company and three tops from Sears. The jeans were only $20 and the tops were on clearance for $3.97 each. That's quite a bargin. After shopping we headed home and took a nap. Saturday evening, I set my Mom up with her very own blog and did a basic html programming lesson. She caught on pretty quick and it was fun.

Sunday
We got up (seemed early with the time change) and went to their church. Then straight from church to the airport. I got home around 6:30 p.m. and Eric and I went for BW3's.

So that was my weekend. Now on to the TTC news...

TTC News
I've got mixed feelings. I am trying not to rule out the possibility that this month could have worked, but if I had to take bets, I'm probably about 85% convinced that this isn't the month.

Based on when I think I ovulated, I'm about 9 days post ovulation and am planning on testing on Friday if no AF. If negative, I'll wait until Monday to test again. If I'm right about when I ovulated, AF should be here on Thursday.

Here's why I think she may be right on time:
1. Friday evening, I developed some new blemishes. I've never had a facial before, so don't know if the fact that they cleaned everything out would make me more likely to have some new blemishes spring up, but by the time I got home, I developed three small ones above my left eyebrow and one on my chin. It seems more likely to me that I'm breaking out because my period is due next week.
2. I didn't stick to my diet as planned. It's tough while traveling anyway, but maybe I should have had some more willpower.
3. I've been kind of mean to Eric since I got home. Not really emotionally unstable mean, but just picking on him. Like I'll go to give him a kiss and then just feel like pinching him. It's weird really. Makes me think the irritability is just days away.

Last month I had so many "symptoms" I was convinced. I don't really have any this time. I don't have any reason to believe that this month could be it. I'm not really that concerned though. I still haven't decided on charting next month. I'm leaning more towards not charting. I can show the doctor my previous charts and tell her where I think I am in my cycle. I have a feeling she'll say there's nothing to worry about yet anyway.

I'm ok if this isn't the month. I'm not really counting on it. I think it's working to not worry about it. (At least it's better on my mind, if not my body). I haven't even been monopolizing the posts with TTC stuff during my 2ww. I didn't really want to have a baby that close to Christmas anyway, January or February would be better timing. Now I'll just wait this week out and hopefully not have to waste a test if she arrives Thursday as scheduled.

No comments: