Monday, August 30, 2004

The Weekend Plus Pictures

Overall, I had a pretty good weekend. It started out nicely on Friday. I've been really stressed at work and Friday after lunch I received a nice surpise from my Mom. It made me get a little teary eyed, but it's always nice to know your loved.

Saturday I got up early and went to the office. I worked from 8 to 12:45 p.m. I then came home to wait on the furniture delivery. They didn't come until almost 3:00 p.m., and it took them a while to set up the crib. It made me happy we paid for delivery & setup. They left around 4:00 p.m. and Eric and I left for some shopping. First we went to Lowes to get blinds for the window, L-brackets for curtain hanging, and a board Samara needed to staple the curtain fabric to. Then we went to Burlington Coat Factory to see if we could get the glider. Unfortunately, they were out of stock, but they had a truck coming in Monday (today) and told us to call back to see if one came in and have them hold it for us. They wouldn't let us put it on hold Saturday, but...whatever. Then we went over to Babies R Us. We picked up the mattress for the crib, a mattress pad, and the dust ruffle. Unfortunatly, the bumpers were out of stock. All the out-of-stock situation made Eric a little grumpy, but we survived. Then we decided to call April and Martin and see if they wanted to meet us at Outback for dinner. They did and then after dinner they came back to our place to play some cards. In between dinner and cards, Eric and I hung up the blinds and put the sheets and mattress in the crib. It really looks like a nursery now (pictures at the end).

Sunday, I decided not to go back to the office, so we went to church instead. Saturday night, I had this dream about making a baby quilt/blanket. Since we didn't decide to go with the sets in the baby stores, our bedding doesn't come with a baby quilt. I had such a clear vision of this blanket that as soon as I woke up Sunday morning I drew it out and took measurements of the crib and came up with dimensions. I also drew up the design to cover the plastic pieces on the mobile. Anyway, I'm going to try it, so after church we went to Joann's and I bought all the needed supplies. Then we came home and took a nap. Sunday afternoon Will and Samara called and we went over to their place for dinner and visiting. Samara and I (well, pretty much just Samara) finished up the curtains and I got to bring them home. After we got home, we did hang them and now the nursery really looks real.

Today the glider did come in, so Eric picked it up and we put it upstairs. The only thing missing now (besides baby) is the changing table due to arrive Sept. 10, the bumpers for the crib, and the blanket, mobile cover, and possibly pillows that I'm making.

Here are the pictures.

This is a view of the curtains.

This is the crib and glider.

Another view of the crib where you can see the side table we have by the glider.

The dresser.

I'm very happy. I know I promised belly pics, but you may have to wait until tomorrow. I'm going to go work on my quilt some more. Did I mention I've never really sewed anything? This is very interesting. I promise to post pictures on my progress or the final project.

2 comments:

Kitten said...

Wow...it's real. I absolutely love it.

Mrs. T said...

Wow! So cute. It's getting much closer and real now. I can't wait for your shower. You'll probably have more stuff to even make it look more like a nursery. (Wall hangings, etc.) I can't wait to see it in person.