Monday, September 06, 2004

Another Weekend

I owe several posts, but I'll start with my weekend update. I have pictures to post too, but my camera battery is dead, so those may have to be added later.

Friday our office closed at noon, but I stuck around until 2:00 p.m. to try to get some more of this work done. Then I went home, took a nap, and packed for our trip back to Indiana. I don't know if it was the traffic or what, but it seemed to take forever to get there. We got in just after 10:30 p.m. our time. I drove and was really pooped. Donna wasn't home when we got there, so we just got comfy and hung out until she got home around 11:00 Indiana time. Then, finally, we got to go to bed. Luckily, Zeus was pretty good and I got to sleep without much interruption until about 6:00 Indiana time. Then I got up took the dog out and went back to bed until about 8:30 a.m.

Saturday morning Donna made Eric some biscuits and gravy and then we just went out and did some shopping. We went to Wal-Mart where I was looking for a pillow for my back in the car (not too much luck). We did end up buying a Colt's throw blanket, a purple rug for the nursery, a duckie soap dispenser (which we will use for lotion), and I got a new bra and some undies. Then we went to the mall and Donna started buying Eric early birthday and Christmas presents (by the way, both of those events are in December!). She bought Eric two Colts T-shirts, a hat, and a Colts windbreaker. Out of our pocket, we bought two jersey's. Eric bought a Mike Doss jersey (he used to play for OSU, so we have the Columbus connection, and now he's a Colt). I got a Mike Vanderjaqt jersey (he's the kicker). It's a youth extra large and looks quite cute over the belly. Now we have to go to a game. After shopping we stopped by Eric's Uncle Lenny and Aunt Darlene's. Both of their kids were in town, so I got to meet two of Eric's cousins. One flew in with his new wife from Jacksonville, FL. I'm guessing they may have a rough time getting back home today. Then we went back to Donna's house and I took a nap. Then we went to the Little Italy Festival in a nearby town for the evening and met up with Larry (Donna's boyfriend). It was HOT! We walked around for a bit and watched some cloggers dance for an hour. Then we went back home, watched a movie, and went to bed.

Sunday was the family reunion. Donna was up and about nice and early, but Eric and I stayed in bed until 9 or so. Then we got up and got ready after Donna had already headed to the park to set up. Things were supposed to get started around 11:00. We showed up on time and visited with all of Eric's family. It's a big family though, so we spent most of our time talking with Lenny and Darlene and their kids. Eric spent some time playing horseshoes too. We decided to head out around 4:00 Indiana time. We headed back to the house, picked up our stuff, and the dog and hit the road. The drive back wasn't nearly as bad and we got home just after 9:30 p.m. Boy was it good to sleep in my bed last night!

Today, we've been pretty lazy so far. I got up around 9:30 a.m. and started the laundry. I'm waiting on something to be clean that I would feel ok about leaving the house in. I also read another chapter in my CPCU book, put all the receipts in the checkbook, and did some looking with Eric on E-bay for tickets to the Colts/Packers game he wants to go to on 9/26. (Just what I need, another trip to Indiana before the baby is born). Once I have something to wear, I'm going to go into the office for a couple of hours and stop by the grocery store.

Overall, a good weekend, I'm glad we have today off too. Posts to expect later today...1. Belly pics and measurements (I actually took the picture, but the battery in the camera is dead). 2. Weekly baby update.

Ok, the buzzer on the dryer went off. Gotta go.

No comments: