Monday, September 20, 2004

Weekend Update

What a busy and exhausting weekend. I feel like things are getting accomplished though!

Friday night was get ready for the Garage Sale day. Eric and I took all of the junk, I mean sale items, out of the basement and into the garage. We also reformatted our old computer, which we decided to sale, to clean all of our personal items and added programs off of it. We then went out and put up the signs I made in the neighborhood and grabbed some Wendy's for dinner. We got back right around 8:00 p.m. and watched Big Brother. Around 9:00 I went out to the garage and started organizing and pricing items. Eric stayed in and steamed our living room carpet. I ended up staying up until 2:00 a.m. to get everything priced and organized and a shower before bed.

Saturday morning I got up around 7:00 a.m. I had enough time to eat some breakfast, pick up some ice for a cooler of soft drinks I had available for purchase, print off the picture of the entertainment center and TV we were selling and didn't want to cart outside, and move some of the items from the garage to the driveway. The sale was supposed to start at 9:00 a.m. Our first shopper arrived at 9:15 a.m. After that we had a fairly steady flow throughout the day and ended up selling most of our big items (TV, Matress/Boxspring/Frame, Computer). Also lots of little stuff that I priced to sale. We closed up shop around 2:30 p.m. At that time I was exhausted so we just pulled everything back inside and I headed up for a 1 1/2 hour nap. After waking, I talked to Samara and we made plans to meet at 6 at the Olive Garden. We had dinner and afterwards, the boys came back to our place to get a little X-Box in before the football game they wanted to watch. Samara and I went to Lowe's to get some supplies to make some adjustments to the curtains. When we got back we spent some time in the nursery making the yellow curtains look longer. Then we joined the boys for some football on TV. The game ended around midnight and Will and Samara went home and we headed for bed.

Sunday we did make it up for church and then after church, Eric and I ate some very overpriced hamburgers at a place called Fudruckers. We got to go home for about an hour and then headed to Chris and Tammy's to visit. It was nice to see them again and we had a nice visit and time to catch up. We stayed until around 6 p.m. and then came back home. Unfortunaely, I spent the rest of the evening trying to balance the checkbook and do the bills, but luckily got everything worked out around 10:30 and headed for bed.

I'll try to update with more this week as there could be alot going on:
1. Tomorrow I'm planning on registering for Childbirth Education classes. Eric and I have picked the day and time we want to go (although, I must admit that the time picked was scheduled around football on Sunday). The classes are 3 hours each, once a week for 4 weeks. We plan on starting in late October and have chosen the Sunday class that goes from 6:30-9:30 p.m.
2. Thursday I have a doctor's appointment. I'll be doing the glucose test for gestational diabetes and am now curious to see if I'll start going every two weeks now, like the websites have said.
3. Saturday we have plans to go to a concert at the church. We don't listen to much Christian music, but have been told this is worth going to, so we bought tickets.
4. Sunday we'll be driving to Indy to see the Colts/Packers game. The game starts at 3:15 p.m. but Eric wants to leave by 9:00 a.m. That would be 8:00 a.m. in Indiana and since we're only going to Indy we should make it easily in under 3 hours. What we are going to do for the 4 hours before game time I have no idea, but when that boy gets something in his head...
5. I'm going to try to get another belly pic done this weekend. I promised one at 28 weeks. Speaking of pictures, one of my best friends D has offered to take some pregnancy pictures for me both when we have girls weekend in October and at my Ohio shower in November. I'm going to try to do some photos that really show the beauty of pregnancy (tastefully) rather than just standard portraits, so if anyone has ideas on what would be good feel free to e-mail me or leave a comment. You've all seen my non-professional looking belly pictures, so I'm not really afraid to take pictures of the belly without clothes covering it. I'm sure these will be much more attractive though. Here's hoping the belly button stays in that long.

Anyway, I'm off to veg in front of the TV. I'll try to get more updates this week.

No comments: