Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Date Weekend

I can't remember if I've written it here, but I've started to get a bit paranoid that the doctor might be wrong about Grace being a girl. At first the fear just stemmed from the fact that we've painted the room purple and it's not very masculine. Now I'm more afraid of how I would feel if after the delivery, the announcement came, "It's a Boy!" I think of the baby as Grace. I talk to her and think about my daughter. I feel like I bond with her as a "her." I'm just not sure how I would feel if this baby I bonded with came out completely unexpected. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'd get over it fairly quickly and would definately love a son. If you remember, I wanted a boy originally, but now I'm just very happy with the idea of a baby girl.

Anyway, I was telling Eric that I wish I could have another ultrasound. My doctor hasn't mentioned doing another one, and I haven't really asked. Nothing is wrong or troubling me. I don't "need" one. But, I want to see her again. Last night Eric told me to call the doctor and see if they would schedule one for me if we wanted to pay out of pocket. That seemed a little weird to me, since I'm not sure that they would do one for absolutely no reason, and I don't even know if they can charge us separately and not insurance. I also have no idea what they charge the insurance company. So today, on a whim, I called Fetal Fotos. This is the place we were going to get the 3D ultrasound done before. Last time I made an appointment they were booked weeks in advance, so I expected the same. However, to my surprise, they had 3 openings on Saturday! I decided to make an appointment. We'll be going at 1:00 p.m. I think we'll just do a regular 2D ultrasound and it's $100. I'm assuming I would have paid at least that at the doctor and this way I can go in a couple of days! We don't have any plans for this weekend, so I guess now we'll take a little trip down to Cincinatti, take a peek at the baby and then maybe get dinner or something. Eric said we should have a "date." Doesn't dinner and an ultrasound sound like a great date?

On another note, I did call my doctor to see when or if I'd get the results of my Glucola test. Apparently they only call if it's bad news. Everything came back fine, so no change to the diet is necessary! Yeah!

Oh yeah, both Lori and Kelly from work brought their babies in to the office today. Lori's is 6 weeks old and weighs 9 pounds, Kelly's is 3 weeks and weighs 8 pounds 3 ounces. I'm afraid mine will be that big when it comes out. Anyway, I held Cole (Kelly's) a whole lot and just melted. I'm ready. I may get nothing done because I sit around and stare at her all day, but I'm ready for mine. I can't wait until I can stare at her on Saturday.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Dinner & an ultrasound sounds like a wonderful date! Have fun! That's great news about the glucose test. Oh, and speaking about having a big baby... my friend just had a 11 pound, 2 ounce boy today via c-section!!!!!

Mrs. T said...

That sounds like a fantastic date. I also think that it's a perfect time to get this particular ultrasound done. It will be so exciting now that she's (or he's) big and you can actually see more of the baby's developed and stuff. That will be neat to show your child later when she gets old enough, too.

Kitten said...

I have a feeling all future GWO's in your town will consist of all 3 of us sitting around staring at her all weekend. Hee hee...and you know what? I can't freaking wait!