Saturday, September 25, 2004

Most of the Weekend Update

I'll be gone most of tomorrow, so I wanted to get an update in. This has been a very good and mostly productive weekend.

Friday evening began with an appointment at Kenneth's to get my eyebrows waxed and my hair cut and color done. I hadn't been there in probably 3 months, so it was definately time. I had to hurry from my appointment to dinner at Champps with Eric and Will and Samara. We wanted to have a little celebratory dinner for there new baby news.

Today Eric and I slept in until 9:00 or so and then he went to work and I cleaned the house. I mostly did some picking up, but we had 5 loads of laundry that needed done. I also cleaned out the back (unfinished) part of the basement where all the garage sale stuff had been piled, and it now looks tidy, organized and not at all scary. The next task was the garage. We pretty much just left everything that didn't sale at the garage sale where it was and have been parking in the driveway all week. Well, we still can't park in the garage, but I did make some progress. I'm trying to decide what to bring back into the house and what should be donated to the Salvation Army. They will come do a pickup, so I want to sort through everything and then call them. I got most of the clothes packed up and have sorted through most of the other miscellaneous items. I still have one laundry basket to go through and need to put all the shoes and accessories in a bag. Samara called right before 3:00 and I met her at the mall. She wanted to see if there were any sales at Motherhood for summer items that she could use at the end of her pregnancy. While she restrained herself and only bought a couple items, I spent $150. The good news is that I got 2 pair of pants I can wear to work as my current work pant selection is starting to get tight. I also picked up a dress I can wear to the wedding we are going to on October 9th. Then I threw in 2 lightweight longsleeve shirts and a sweater that was on sale. Oh yeah, and some panty hose and a bra extender. After the mall I came home, tried unsuccessfully, to put my purchases away before Eric asked how much I spent. Then we headed to the church for a Derek Webb concert. The concert was o.k. I don' t usually listen to Christian music, so I'd never heard any of the songs, but he had a nice voice and was entertaining. The music was too loud though, and now I have a headache. It kept Grace up though and she kicked the whole time. She must be sleeping now that it's quiet.

Tomorrow we'll be leaving around 9:30 a.m. to head to Indianapolis. We'll be there plenty early as the game starts at 3:15. Eric is very excited. Hopefully, we'll be back by 11:00 or so, and then it'll be bedtime before another week at work.

Speaking of bedtime... no nap today and I'm a bit pooped. Look for a baby update on Monday evening!

No comments: