Monday, May 17, 2004

The Weekend

In case you are interested here is my weekend update.

Friday
Of course, I went to work. I had some motivation problems, but managed to stick it out all day. Eric called and did my grocery shopping for me. When I got home, I did a little picking up and prepared for our Neighbor cookout. At 6:30 p.m. our new neighbors from across the street (Chris & Erica) and April and Martin came over to grill out. We had a pretty good visit. Eric grilled me a steak, which I managed to eat most of (yeah! Meat!), I also made homemade mac & cheese, and the neighbors brought over cheese dip. We had a pretty good visit and seemed to like the new neighbors pretty well. They said next time, they can host. Chris and Erica left around 10:00 p.m. and then we played Phase 10 with April and Martin. Personally, I was ready for bed, but Eric wasn’t ready to let the night die at 10:00 p.m. I ended up losing badly, but considered it a victory when I got to go to bed.

Saturday
I slept in for a bit. Then I really was in the mood to go shopping. I convinced Eric to go with me with the promise of X-Box Live. We first went to the mall and stopped at Sears on the way in. I found a couple of things that seemed cute, and bought them. Then we went to Motherhood Maternity. We went a bit crazy. Eric was so cute, picking out clothes for me to try on. After I tried stuff on, I started the decision process of what I want versus what I will buy. Eric was of the mind, that I’d need it eventually, so if I wanted it, buy it. I should take him shopping more often! After handing over the credit card, we then stopped at JC Penney, just to “see” what they had. All maternity was 50% off, so I bought 4 more shirts. I ended up spending close to $300 on clothes, but bought 2 pair of jean shorts, 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of work pants, 11 shirts, and 2 tank tops. I should be set through the summer though. I’ll need more clothes when I outgrow the pants I bought and when it starts getting cold. After my shopping spree we headed to Best Buy for X-Box Live. Now the starter kit with a 1 year subscription is only $70. However, we then had to buy a router to split the DSL to go to the computer and X-Box, and a Wireless adapter, so we didn’t have to run a cable from the upstairs computer room, to the basement. I also let him buy another game, so $250 later…we headed home. Shopping wore me out, so I took a nap and then around 5:00 started helping Eric try to set up the routers. There were problems, but finally around 10 p.m. we had it up and running. That made it about my bed time, so after trying on all of my maternity clothes one more time, I headed for bed.

Sunday
We had church in the morning. Right after I got up, I had a call from work that one of my client’s had a fire, but there wasn’t much we could do on Sunday morning, so I knew that would be waiting on me this morning. After church, again I napped and then we went to a church picnic from 4 to 7 p.m. I should have spent the evening studying for my CPCU exam that is in less than a week, but I just watched TV.

3 comments:

Kitten said...

Dang! Take Eric shopping more often! Can't wait to see all your cute prego clothes this summer toots!

Anonymous said...

Dang! Take Eric shopping more often! Can't wait to see all your cute prego clothes this summer toots!

Mrs. T said...

Of course we care about your weekend! I hope my husband is like that when I get pregnant! ;)