Friday, May 21, 2004

10 Weeks

I don’t know why I have no desire to work on Fridays. Today I really just want to go back to bed and now that I think about it, I’m ravenously hungry too. Ok, I’m back from Starbucks. Just picked up a bagel with cream cheese and hot chocolate. They didn’t have cinnamon raisin bagels though, so I’m a bit disappointed.

Today is 10 weeks. I’ve had a pretty good week. The nausea doesn’t seem as bad as last week. And even the fatigue has been more manageable. I still feel pregnant though, so I’m not really concerned about symptoms getting better. I feel like baby and I have had another growth spurt. I think bra shopping should be done soon. I also feel like my belly is growing a bit. I’ll do pictures next week after my doctor’s appointment. I’m not sure when I’ll switch to maternity. I can still button my pants right now (although, some are definitely uncomfortable). Some people suggest rubberbands, etc. to help prolong your time in regular clothes, but I think by then, I’ll just switch. The weird part now, is that I don’t look “pregnant” even though clothes aren’t fitting right, I think I’d feel silly in maternity clothes.

The other thing I can’t stop thinking about is my appointment in 6 days. I’m afraid this will be the longest week in history. I’m mostly excited and just a tiny bit scared. I keep telling myself things are completely different this time. Remember last time I had no symptoms? Also, I’ve already seen the baby larger than last time. I just think it freaks me out a bit that this is again my first appointment with my doctor. I’m sure it’ll be fine and if we get to do another ultrasound…The baby should be much easier to make out parts. We should be able to see arms and legs, probably even facial features. There should be lots of movement and definitely a strong heartbeat. It’ll be great. Even if we only get to “hear” the heartbeat, that sound is magical. I was reading someone else’s blog with a sound file attached and the sound of that baby’s heartbeat almost made me cry. The plus side if we hear the heartbeat is that maybe then, I’ll rent my own monitor. I think I’d like to rent a monitor until I can feel the baby move, but I want the first time I hear the heartbeat to be at the doctors office. Meaning, if we hear it next week, I can order the monitor, if not, I’ll wait another month.

Ok, I don’t really have much more to say. I suppose I should attempt to be somewhat productive at work. I’m just hoping next week goes by quickly. I have the doctor on Thursday, and then we’re spending the weekend with family. Friday night and Saturday with my brother-in-law, sister-in-law, nieces, and mother-in-law, and then Sunday with Mom & Dad, Jeremy, and Grandma and Grandpa. It’ll be so cool to see them, hopefully, with new pictures! Also, in summer clothes, I’ll probably be wearing maternity. My non-pregnant shorts definitely don’t fit. Ok, really, back to work.

1 comment:

Kitten said...

I wish I could see ya! We'll just have to busy ourselves with gossip and GWO talks until next Thursday.