Monday, May 24, 2004

Changing My Mind

The bad thing about writing in a journal is that when you change your mind, everyone knows. You may have noticed that I've been trying to decide on if/when to rent a Doppler to listen to the baby's heartbeat at home. First, I decided I wanted to order one after we heard the heartbeat at the doctor for the first time. Then, in case that doesn't happen this week, I thought maybe I'd order it anyway after Thursday's appointment. Now I started thinking that I'm going to see most of our family this weekend. Saturday we're having a get together with my brother-in-law and family, and my mother-in-law, Sunday we're going to my Grandparents house and my parents and brother will be there. Wouldn't it be cool if I already had the doppler and they could hear the heartbeat too? Of course it would!

So I ordered it today. Here's the link. For a mere $32 per month. I rented one that allows you to record the heartbeat so it should be fairly easy to download to the computer and thus, link to this webpage. If all goes according to my plan, I'll only have it for 2 months. I think by the end of the second month I have it, I should be feeling the baby move. I'll be willing to give it up if I can have the reassurance of the baby kicking.

So here is the real question. I ordered today before 6 p.m., so it will be shipped today. And, "Units shipped within the United States are guaranteed to arrive within 2-3 business days from date of shipment." That means it will be here on Wednesday or Thursday. If it comes on Wednesday, do I try it out before my appointment on Thursday? I'd like to say no. Maybe I'll just read the instructions and listen to the CD about the different sounds you could hear. Ideally, it'll show up Thursday and I can bring it in and try it out after my perfect appointment with the doctor. Do we wanna take bets? Do I have enough willpower?

2 comments:

Mrs. T said...

Don't do it! Wait until you hear it at the doctor's appointment! Those things aren't as good as the doctor's office ones and if you don't hear the heartbeat w/ the rented one then you'll get to worrying and stuff even though I'm sure you'll hear it at the doctor on Thursday.

Just my opinion.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't do it either. I second exactly what E. said.

-Mistress