Monday, May 10, 2004

Weekend Update

I should be getting back to work, but thought I’d try to do a quick weekend update.

Friday
After work we went home, had some dinner (I ate a box of Mac&Cheese, my diet is seriously weird now). Then we went to the ballet at 8 p.m. It was actually pretty good. There wasn’t a story like when we went to see Dracula, but they did three distinct types of music and dance and it was really entertaining. After the ballet we came home and watched Runaway Jury. It was really good, so I’m glad we watched it before returning as it was 2 days late already.

Saturday
I wanted to sleep in a little since I knew I wouldn’t get a nap. I got up about 10:00 a.m. , ate some cereal (a good choice because I wasn’t nauseous that morning) and then left to do some errands. I had to go to the mall to pick up a gift certificate for Samara (I knew what I was getting her, just was tardy about actually going to get it), I also picked up a gift for my Mother-In-Law for Mother’s Day and got a new (larger) strapless bra for me. I also picked up Eric a new pair of pants and shirt, as he refuses to go shopping and some of the things he leaves the house in are almost embarrassing. Then I took the movie back and stopped by the bank to get some cash for the weekend. I made it home around noon and got ready for the graduation. We picked Will up and drove up to Ashland to watch Samara graduate. The graduation was outside and it was a beautiful day (maybe a bit warm, but I’m not complaining). She got her Masters and then we headed back to their place for a cookout. It was fun. There was good food and I got to meet or spend some time with some of Samara’s other friends and family and it was really nice. We left around 10 p.m. and headed home. I was wiped out, so I went to bed around 11 p.m.

Sunday
I got up around 9 a.m. and cooked Eric Biscuits and Gravy for breakfast. It didn’t sound appetizing for me, so I didn’t eat, which I paid for by feeling very sick around 10:30 a.m. We left at a little after 10 to go to the pharmacy to pick up my vitamin refill and when I got back to the car, I felt awful. I started crying and Eric was a bit freaked out by my pregnancy mood swing. He was extremely nice though, and offered to stop anywhere I wanted on the chance there was something I could buy that would make me feel normal again. I actually bought some fruit snacks and after eating them felt better and was able to eat a nutria-grain bar. The moral to the story, eat as soon as I get up, even if I feel fine and am not that hungry. Anyway, we drove down to Cincinnati. We had plans to go a Reds game and meet my Mother-In-Law, Brother-In-Law, Sister-In-Law, and 2 nieces. We made it around 12:15, but they got stuck in traffic, so we didn’t go in until almost 1:00 p.m. We had great seats though, but they were in the sun and I’m sporting a nice sunburn now as proof. We had fun at the game and a good visit, so after the game we headed back home. I tried calling my Mom on the way home, but she was out boating, but Grandma was there visiting so I got to talk to her a bit. After we got home, I showered and threw on my comfy clothes. I got to talk to Mom for about 10 minutes and then we had to get off the phone so we could both watch the Survivor Finale. We, of course, went next door and watched the three hours of coverage. I love Survivor. After that, we headed home and again, I collapsed.

It was a very busy weekend. Now today I’ll have to catch up on my “weekend” chores. Laundry, grocery, etc.

No comments: