Thursday, May 13, 2004

My Anniversary

Yesterday was my three year anniversary. Eric was great. I wasn’t as great. Tuesday night he came home and had a present (already wrapped) and card. He also told me that he had made dinner plans, so not to worry about it. Remember, this is the day before the anniversary. I hadn’t done anything. So yesterday morning, he let me open my card and gift before work. The card was cute and the gift was a musical picture frame. It had the Corinthians love passage in it, “Love is patient, love is kind, love is not envious, …” We had used that verse on bookmarks we made as favors for our wedding. It was sweet but not too expensive, so it took a lot of the pressure off since I hadn’t got him anything yet. I planned to go to the mall during lunch, but my need to find something I could eat won out. I ended up stopping at the convenience store in our building at work and buying a card on my way home. Don’t get me wrong, it was a nice card. We had dinner reservations at 7:30 p.m. Eric didn’t tell me where. We ended up going to the Melting Pot. It was very nice. When they took us to our table there was a vase of three roses with three balloons tied to it. It was very sweet. I don’t have problems eating cheese or apples or bread, so the cheese fondue was good. I also could eat the salad. I couldn’t eat as much of the meat. I don’t know why any meat product is unappetizing, but I just eat what I can. Dessert was good too, but I was just a little too full to eat much. When they brought out the dessert, the waiter also brought a Polaroid camera and took our picture. Then he gave us a little Melting Pot frame to put it in. I just thought it was so sweet that he thought ahead. It was a very nice anniversary. I felt a little bad I didn’t get Eric a gift, but he didn’t seem to mind. Although, he did mention Xbox Live again. I may have to break down. If you didn’t know, I bought Eric Xbox Live for Christmas. I thought it was perfect and he’d love it. He made me take it back. He said he didn’t have any desire to play with people he didn’t know. However, about two months ago, our neighbor got Xbox Live and now Eric thinks it’s the greatest thing in the world. I’m sure he’ll get it (again) sooner or later.

No comments: