Sunday, February 08, 2004

Weekend Recap - Month 4, Day 8

This turned into a really good weekend. I thought I'd give you a full recap for the record. To start, I've been feeling really "blah" since I took an entire week off of my diet. I feel so yucky though, that I can't wait to get up tomorrow and have a fresh start. Here's how my weekend went down.

Friday - Came straight home from work and totally skipped any workout. I'm not sure what I did until about 7:30 p.m., but it probably involved computer games. Then Eric and I decided to order a pizza. I order from Pizza Hut online and it said that the pizza would be delivered in about 30 minutes. After an hour had went by I decided to call and see what was up. Apparently the internet sent our order to the wrong store, which doesn't deliver here, so they cancelled our order. Nice, didn't even call. The plus side, the guy on the phone rerouted our order to the appropriate store and gave it to us free, but we had to wait another hour for delivery. But hey, free pizza! I kind of felt bad for the delivery guy, because I was planning to pay via debit card and had no cash for a tip. Anyway, we also watched Titanic, amazingly it was Eric's idea.

Saturday - I slept in which was wonderful and then planned on meeting Samara at the mall at about 1:00 p.m. for some shopping. I had an appointment at the day spa to get my eyebrows waxed at 12:30 p.m. and then we hooked up to do some shopping. We had dinner reservations and wanted to get something new to wear. We ended up shopping until the last possible momement, but both ended up with sexy/hot outfits. Mine was from the Limited and I got a very sexy black top and some winter white slacks. It's cool because I can wear the pants to work, so it's not a one time deal. I also wore the boots I bought in Chicago (2nd time) and can I say my calves certainly aren't getting smaller. I also bought another pair of pants and top that is appropriate for work. Samara got this sexy satin lacy blouse and a skirt. We were definately hot mommas. We then went back to my place and changed for dinner (the guys were waiting). We had dinner reservations at 7:30 p.m. at Cameron's and dinner was great (expensive, but great). I got the "special" soup, some kind of spicy potato, followed by the Grilled Filet Mignon. It was great, also served with Garlic Mashed Potatos, asparagas, a portabella french fry, and a rich port wine sauce. I ate every bite. I also got creme broule for dessert. Very tasty.

Sunday - I made plans to go to church with April, but Eric said he would possibly join me, so I decided to drive separately. I got up at about 9:00 which really felt like sleeping in, and asked Eric if he was going. He decided to sleep in and I got ready. I was running a little late so got to the service right when it was starting and slipped in and sat on the side. I saw April a few minutes later and waved, but ended up sitting by myself. It was the first new Praise & Worship service for the church. It was nice, but apparently a very new type of service for this church. For me it just felt like home. I knew it had to be good when I was disappointed when the sermon was over. I thought he could have talked a little more. He was discussing evolution a bit, and I find that debate fascinating. Then I headed up to Sunday School and again had a good time. They are discussing the Apostles Creed, which I don't think I've ever read, but really dug into what every word really means. I like those deep discussions sometimes much more than being preached at. All in all a good day. After I got home it's been the normal go to the grocery store, do laundry, etc.

So that was my weekend, doesn't sound like much, but felt really good. I just wish it wasn't over tomorrow. I have a work meeting that I'm kind of dreading. Oh well, it'll be over soon enough.

No comments: