Sunday, February 15, 2004

Happy Valentine's Day! - Month 4, Day 14

I'm about ready to head to bed on Valentine's Day night (for sleeping). I thought I'd do a mini recap of the first part of the weekend. Friday night I came straight home after work because we had tickets to the very first home game of the Columbus Destroyers. That's the new Arena Football Team in Columbus. We bought season tickets and this was the first game. Our neighbor Martin bought a ticket to the game too, so he rode with us, but our seats weren't together so we didn't see him again until the end of the game. It was pretty exciting, although they lost. The other team scored with 2 seconds left to win the game. That took up all of Friday night.

Today was really busy although I didn't get much done in the way of domestic chores. Eric and I slept in a until about 9:30 a.m. Then he went to work and I went to the gym, where I must say I made up my cardio I skipped on Friday, plus did lower body and abs. After I got back from the gym I picked up lunch and wrote my receipts for the week in the checkbook. We had an appointment to do our taxes at 1:00 p.m. We were there until 3:30 p.m. It took along time, because they did the return both filing jointly and separately, and we determined that we'd get back about $450 more if we filed separately. We're pretty happy about out tax return as we'll be getting back about $4000. Get to make some major payments on some bills. After taxes we came home showered and dressed and then decided to go to Outback for dinner. We got there at 5:15 p.m. to put our names in for a 2 hour wait. Then we left and went to Blockbuster to get a movie and went and walked around Bed, Bath, & Beyond. We then went back to the restaurant to wait some more. We got in at about 7:30 p.m. and had dinner. After dinner we came home and watched our movie "Out of Time" with Denzel Washington. Good movie. That's about it. We just bought each other cards and stupid little stuffed animals for V-Day. Neither of us really saw the need to go out and spend tons of money. We love each other all year long, we don't need a "Hallmark Holiday" to tell us to do something special.

Not much going on yet on the baby front. My CM pattern makes me think it may still be a couple of days until O-day. I'm trying not to focus on that too much. All the plans are nice, but right now I think it's more important to focus on the big picture. It'll happen when the time is right, although we've only got one more month if we want it to be a tax deduction next year!

I'm off Monday, so I still get too more days of weekend! Yippee! I'm also going back on BFL tomorrow. Boy do I need it.

No comments: