Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Month 4, Day 24

No spike. Did you really expect different? Took another OPK this afternoon. Negative. I'm taking that as a good sign that maybe I've already ovulated? If I spike tomorrow I'll expect this to be a 36 day cycle. That's long even for me. But the longer this cycle goes the more it makes me think the cycle I got pregnant was like this, just I didn't know. I put this in an e-mail to my girls a couple of days ago, but want to post here for me to look back on when I actually am pregnant and laugh about what I didn't know.

The logic.
June Cycle
We know AF arrived 35 days after stopping birth control pill. We can assume with a 12 day LP, I ovulated on day 23.

July Cycle
We know AF arrived 7/12 and positive HPT on 8/23 CD42.
We also know there was a negative HPT on CD35 and BD occured on CD20 and CD24 among others.
Theory - if I ovulated on CD24 or CD25, I would have only been 10 or 11 DPO when I got the negative HPT on CD35 (too early). That means that the breast changes I noticed on CD40 would have been 15 or 16 DPO and the positive HPT would have been on 17 or 18 DPO. That timeline makes a lot of sense to me.

The moral of this story. I've probably had cycles this long before and possibly got pregnant during one of them. I'd like to see that happen again. Ok, there's only so much I can talk about without annoying even myself.

No comments: