Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Month 4, Day 4

Not a whole lot happening yet. I had a really good weekend with our Superbowl party. We ended up having 9 people over and had way too much food. That was the beginning of the end for me. I stuffed myself and it was not a pretty sight. Then I tried to get back on the diet track on Monday. I did fine at work, but by the time I was ready to go home, I had no intention of going to the gym. I had to have chocolate and wanted it NOW! I ended up eating about 4 slices of pizza, a king size Hershey's with Almonds, a couple handfuls of Goldfish crackers, and a whole pint of Ben & Jerry's cookie dough ice cream. I think PMS hit with a vengence. I made sure to indulge. I'm trying to do better now, because that did not do good things to my diet and I'd rather not destroy a month's work of weight loss in a 4-day binge just because it's that time of the month. This can't happen every month or I'm doomed.

I'm hoping February will be a good month. I could find out I'm pregnant within days after my birthday, so that would be cool. If the baby doesn't happen, I hope it's a good month in other ways. We're a month into the new year and I haven't done all that great on my resolutions. Dieting was one of them, and I'd done good on that until this weekend and this week. I also said I'd be going back to church and haven't made it yet, I'm planning on going this week though, so hopefully, that will get me back on track there. Does it ever seem like you spend your whole life trying to catch up and get "back on track"? I guess if we were always on top of things, we wouldn't have a chance to grow. That's what I want to do. Grow. That should be my new goal. Whatever happens this year, I want it to make me a better person.

No comments: