Wednesday, October 20, 2004

What I'm Doing on Vacation

Just thought you all might care about my vacation plans. So far, not much relaxing, but I'm doing things at my own pace, so I'm not upset about it. I think I may be in the early stages of nesting, as I keep finding all these things I "need" to do. Most of them are organization or craft related though, rather than cleaning, so I don't know.

Here's what I've done so far:
- Buy a new vacuum cleaner. (I got a Dyson and I love it!)
- Clean house from top to bottom including steaming various spots on floors and all of Grace's room)
- All Laundry including rugs, sheets, towels in guest bath, etc.
- Take pictures of items from shower
- Put away all shower items and a few other items in Grace's room
- Wash, fold, and put away all of Grace's 0-3 and 3-6 month clothes, along with crib sheet.
- Bring in (and put away) the rest of the items not sold that we are keeping from the Garage Sale
- Balance checkbook with receipts and pay bills for this week
- Finish the pillows for Grace's room
- Take a picture of the completed project of the blanket, mobile cover, and pillows


Here's what I still want to do this week:
- Grocery shopping (planning for tomorrow morning)
- Go to Wal-Mart (again, tomorrow, I have a list)
- Buy a Maternity Coat (hopefully, tomorrow)
- Call the Salvation Army to pick up rest of the items not sold at the garage sale (we need to get the stuff out of the garage so Eric can park his car in there)
- Write Thank You notes from the work shower last week
- Update Grace's baby book with a gift list from the shower
- Call the Pediatrician to discuss procedure for choosing Grace's Dr.
- Fill holes and nicks, sand, and then have Eric stain the new bookshelf
- Give Zeus a bath
- Get Zeus' nails trimmed
- Hang up a picture in my bedroom
- Complete hospital pre-registration paperwork
- Find checklists online about things to do before the baby is born (need to be sure I'm on track!)
- Start on list for a hospital bag
- Journal in the Scrapbook my Mom made of our Wedding
- Put all pregnancy pictures in a Yahoo Photo album
- Print digital pictures for photo album
- Organize photo albums from last 3 years (need to label pictures and get digital pictures into albums)

Appointments or Things going on this week:
- By 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, need to have any donation items outside for the Kidney Foundation to pick up (they won't take furniture, so I still need to call the Salvation Army)
- 1:15 p.m. on Thursday, Dr. Appointment. Also need to take in my paperwork from work for my maternity leave.
- This weekend, trip to Indiana to see my brother.
- Sunday, 6:30 p.m. First Childbirth Education class

We'll see how much I get done. I may decide to try to relax a bit in there too. I'm just glad I have time to do all this stuff and it's not between 6:00 and 11:00 p.m. I've been trying to sit down on the couch by 8:00 p.m. this week and then I'm just working on my cross-stitch. I'd like to get it done before she's born too, but know I can't finish it this week, so left that off my list.

Well, it's after midnight, so I may consider going to bed soon, although I don't need to get up early. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Kitten said...

Man, Jen, that is seriously cute! How nice it will be for Grace to have something you've made her. And yea, I'd say you were nesting. ;)