Tuesday, October 19, 2004

GWO VI - Update

I thought while I'm doing a load of laundry in the basement, I'll get another post in. This past weekend we had another GWO. I really needed to see my girls again, but the time passed way too fast.

Thursday I had to work all day, plus I had my shower. Also since I'm taking vacation this week, I had a couple of things that absolutely had to be finished before I left, so they weren't sitting around this week. Well, it took me a little longer than expected to finish those thing plus we were having printer problems, so I didn't get to leave the office until just after 5:30 p.m. I went home, Eric helped me unload the car from the shower, I showed him all of Grace's new gifts, and then he helped load up my stuff for GWO. After getting gas, I got on the road around 6:15 p.m. I made fairly good time, with one stop for food and two stops for a bathroom. I made it in to Erica's chatted and visted with Danialle and Erica for a bit, watched Survivor, and then made them watch Grace's ultrasound. I seriously never get tired of seeing it. We headed to bed around 11:00 Indiana time, but as usual Danialle and I couldn't quit gabbing, so we didn't drift off to closer to 1:00 a.m.

Friday morning we got up and ready and left the house around 9:00 a.m. We went to Steam Corner which was a bit like a flea market and walked around and got some breakfast. Danialle and Erica's family had a booth there, so we chatted with them a bit too. We left there just after 11:00 and headed on into Terre Haute to meet Heather at work. We met up with her and then headed to the Covered Bridge Festival. I always get suckered into buying something, this time it was a massaging pillow. I thought with my recent back aches, that I needed something. I will admit since I've been home, Eric's been using it much more than me. All that walking certainly tuckered me out, so I was definately ready to head back. We decided to go grab some Mexican for dinner and then afterwards, we wandered around Wal-Mart for a while. Once we got back to the house, we didn't stay up too long, so we went to bed.

Saturday, Heather made us some very yummy biscuits and gravy for breakfast. We were all being a bit lazy, so we didn't get ready and leave the house until just after noon. First we went by Heather's new house. It's a fixer-upper, so it's in the middle of the demolition stage. She told us all of her ideas and I think it will be cute when done, but it's a whole lot of work and I'm guessing there's no way she'll meet her January deadline she gave herself. After the house, we went to a couple of parks to get some outdoorsy pregnancy photos. Danialle volunteered to take pictures of me pregnant, so I decided to take her up on it.
Here is one of me and the girls:


This is one of Eric's favorites:


After the photo shoot we grabbed a sandwhich and then dropped off the film at CVS for 1-hour photo developing. Then we decided to go to Hobby Lobby for some browsing. While there, I ran into my Father-In-Law who I haven't seen since Memorial Day weekend. It was nice to see him again, because I'm guessing we won't see him before Grace is born, unless he decides to come visit us. I also found a bookshelf for Grace's room. It's unfinished wood, so I will need to sand and have Eric stain it, but it was a little banged up. The price was $50 and I wasn't sure I wanted to pay that with the dings in it, but I decided to take it up front and see if I could get them to give me a discount. They gave me 50% off! So, it's definately worth $25 and with a little wood filler and sandpaper, I bet I can get it looking great. After Hobby Lobby we went back to pick up the film and then over to TK's a sports bar where Heather wanted us to meet her new boyfriend. The place was a bit smoky, but not too bad. The food was also very good and cheap. I had wings and potato skins. We chatted with Nick a bit and then while Heather was talking to him and her cousin, Danialle, Erica and I watched the second half of the Purdue/Wisconsin game. After the game, we were ready to head back, especially because Danialle still had some inside pregnant pictures to take. Heather wasn't quite ready yet, so we left her with Nick and the rest of us went back to the house. We got some more really good pictures. This is one of my favorites. Erica's allergies (corn pollen plus a crazy cat) were getting the best of her, so she took some medicine that knocked her out. Danialle and I stayed up a little longer, but then headed to bed.

Sunday morning we got up fairly early, said our goodbyes and hit the road. I had a decent drive back and met up with Eric and Martin at BW3's just after 1:00 to watch a little football and get some lunch (more wings). After lunch, I went home, took a nap, and made a very optimistic list of all the things I was going to do while on vacation. Speaking of which, I better get back to work. I still have at least 2 more updates to do, so I'll try to get back online again today. Check back soon!

No comments: