Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Braxton Hicks?

I think, just possibly, that I may be having Braxton Hicks contractions. I've noticed it over the last couple of days. At first I just thought that it was Grace moving or stretching in some wierd way. I would get this weird pressure and then parts of my belly would be really hard. Sometimes I'm sure it's her, like when I get the bulge in my side where she sticks her feet out, but other times I get "tight" in other places.

I've noticed now that sometimes it happens when I get up or bend a weird way after being in one position for a while. It doesn't exactly hurt, but I just feel like my belly is really tight.

I noticed this evening. I went over to Samara's after work to help her try out the Doppler she ordered. She found her baby's heartbeat right away and she's just under 10 weeks pregnant, so that was cool. Anyway, I was getting ready to come home and bent down to put my shoes on. When I stood up, my belly got really tight. It was pretty hard all over. I've noticed this a couple of times today, but certainly not frequent enough to make me think it's labor or anything, although, it is making me realize that day isn't too far off.

I still need at least a month at work to be sure I'm ready. If she could wait 6 weeks, that would be great. I still need to get my Christmas shopping done and I can't get started on that for a couple of weeks at least.

2 comments:

Kitten said...

I've heard drinking a load of water, and laying down calms those suckers down. It's werid, but everything you say something on your blog, it happens. Like you posted about politics, then you posted about not having braxton hicks. Strange!

Mrs. T said...

All I can say it WOW! It's so hard to believe that you are so far along. I guess it's b/c we don't see you as much. It's just sorta surreal!