Monday, December 15, 2003

Month 2, Day 12

It's been a busy weekend. Friday I did the necessary chores around the house including grocery shopping and laundry. Saturday, I went to a cookie exchange party at my neighbors which was really fun, but lasted from about 12 to 4, and was murder on my eating habits. I also had to make the dough and stuff beforehand and felt like sleeping in, so I skipped the workout. From 7 to 10 we had the Christmas Party at the bosses house, which was fun. We may have found a new couple to befriend. There's a fairly new guy in my office and I got to meet his new wife of 6 weeks. She was cool and Eric liked the guy I work with, so we may try to get together sometime. Sunday, I went to church with my neighbor, then after church we brought home the church ladder to change our entryway lightbulbs. That was an adventure, but we got it done. Sunday night the Survivor season finale was on, so that took up the whole evening. None of my favorites won, but at least John didn't either, so that's cool by me.

Ok, the baby subject. I've had a pretty relaxing first two weeks (almost) of this cycle. I haven't been freaking out about how often and when to try. I'm using last cycle as a guideline and feel like I'm just now coming up on the time where trying becomes important. My expected ovulation date is in 1 week, next Monday. I can really only worry about it until Tuesday, because then we're out of town from Wednesday night until Sunday. Another good thing is the hard waiting time will be in the midst of Christmas and New Year's so maybe I'll be too busy to obsess. I'm fairly confident this time, that we'll be able to time things better. Last month, I was so worried about missing ovulation time that by the time it finally got here (Day 19) we were sort of burnt out on the trying frequency. We'll see what happens.

Well, lunch is over and I have work to do.

No comments: