Sunday, December 28, 2003

Christmas Update

Have you missed me? It's been a crazy long weekend. Although good. Eric and I did our Christmas on Tuesday night 12/23. He spoiled me and I loved it. I got a beautiful diamond necklace and a pair of gold hoop earings that I had wanted. Also the white athletic socks and 2004 Pug calendar I wanted. My gifts for him weren't quite as perfect and we spent today returning them and he picked up 5 DVD's that he wanted. I also let him buy us 2 tickets for the Indianapolis Colts playoff game in Round 1, so it looks like we'll be heading back to Indiana next weekend.

On Christmas Eve I worked until 12:30 p.m. (whew, I got a lot done too) and Eric worked until about 3:30 p.m. We hit the road at 4:15 p.m. and arrived at Grandma's around 8:00 p.m. It was nice, Mom, Dad, and Jeremy were already there. Mom also finished my wedding scrapbook (after 2 1/2 years) and it's wonderful. Christmas morning we got up and did Christmas with my Mom and Dad and brother. We haven't done that in a while. Mom got me a nice bookshelf stereo system for work (although I'll probably end up keeping it at home, it's really cool.) and Eric got his favorite gift of the holiday, a authintic Marvin Harrison Colts jersey. He really raked in the Colts gear. Christmas day there were a ton of people at Grandma's house. All of my aunt's and uncles came, only one cousin, spouse and children were missing. Let's see that's 31 people and 3 dogs. Christmas night we went to see Cheaper by the Dozen (good family movie) and then spent the night in a hotel with my parents.

On Friday, we got up and headed to Bloomington to my brother-in-laws house. We got there around 10:30 a.m. and spent the day with my Donna, Kyle, Ashton, and Logan. Leslie had to work until 6, but then came home and we spent the evening. We had our gift exchange there and it was very nice.

Saturday, we volunteered to watch the kids while Kyle and Leslie went to work and after loading up the car and stopping to feed the baby her breakfast, headed to Eric's Dad's house. I think we did ok on baby sitting. Between the two of us, we changed 3 diapers, and fed the baby both baby food and formula. I also changed her outfit once. Oh yeah, we're ready. Saturday afternoon we did another gift exchange. My favorite gift from that exchange was a journal chest. It's kind of like a hope chest, but it comes with a journal and some ideas of what things to keep and you are supposed to journal yearly. That will be nice to get started.

Saturday night we left around 7:00 p.m. and headed for home. We got in right around 11:00 p.m . and thankfully got to sleep in our own bed. Holidays are nice, but it's good to be home.

No comments: