Sunday, November 30, 2003

Day 28, 9 DPO

It's been a whole week since I blogged. Sorry for the delay. It's been a busy week. I spent Monday, Tuesday, and until about 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday being super busy. We managed to get everything wrapped up though, and then I have been off work the rest of the week.

Wednesday, Eric, Zeus, and I drove over to Terre Haute, Indiana to Eric's Dad's house. We got in about 9:45 p.m. and spent a couple of hours visiting. Then Thursday morning we got up and visited some more. Eric's brother and family ended up coming over to his Dad's too, so we got to see them. We don't see them a whole lot and Eric is really close to his brother, so it was really nice to see them. Also, I got to spend some time with my niece Logan. She's about 5 months old now, and so cute. The last time I saw her she was just 10 days old. Holding her and playing with her was so great, I can't wait until I have my own. We left his Dad's at about 4:30 p.m. and made it home before 9:00 p.m. Eric had to work on Friday, so we had to come back.

Friday, Eric got up for work, and I got up for shopping. I hit the stores at about 8:30 a.m. and didn't get home until 5:30 p.m. I got most of my shopping done. I still need to finish up for Eric, but everybody else is pretty much done. Eric and I met for lunch on Friday. I also spent 1 hour and 45 minutes in line at Best Buy, which was totally crazy. Shopping the day after is good because of the deals, but it can be totally crazy. I went by myself, which is cool because there's no one else to keep track of, but it would have been nice to have someone to talk to in the Best Buy line besides the angry shopper behind me.

Saturday I just tried to chill. Eric worked from 8 to 1. I slept until about 10:00 then got up and did some Christmas decorating. I got the tree up and all the inside done. We put up some outside lights today. I remembered why I like to decorate without Eric here. I got everything pretty much put up before he got home, and was taking some boxes back to the basement. Eric was standing in the living room where I put the tree and asked if I wanted to help him move some furniture around so the "design" would look better. I gave him a look, like "are you serious". After all, I spent the whole morning dragging boxes from the basement, moving furniture, and putting up the tree and decorations, and he didn't like where I put the chair. Moving the furniture would have required moving the now decorated tree, so he agree that he could live with the furniture placement for a month, and that was settled.

Sunday has been really laid back. Eric and I got to sleep in together which was very nice. Sometimes I think that's why I haven't been going to church much here. Eric works at least half of all the Saturday's every month, and I just love days where we can sleep in together. Anyway, after we got up we put up the outside decorations, then we decided to go to BW3's so Eric could watch the Colts game. After a quarter, they were losing and Eric decided we could leave, since we had to go get a couple extension cords and another light set to finish up outside. Now that it gets dark at 5:00 p.m. it limits our time to do outside stuff. We went to the grocery store and then went home and finished up lights. Then I wrapped all the gifts I bought and am just blogging. So that's what's happened in the last week.

For those who read for the baby updates, not much news yet. I found a cool website that lets you do free BBT charting called Fertility Friend. It's kind of cool. I'm on Cycle Day 28, 9 days post ovulation. I'm glad I charted or this is when I would have started taking the pregnancy tests. Now I am waiting another week. Speaking of pregnancy tests, I went ahead and picked up some for next weekend. I bought the ClearBlue Easy Digital tests. They have a read-out that says "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant", they were 3 for 14.95 at Wal-Mart. EPT was 2 for $14.95. After getting home I opened them and read a little. While the digital thing is cool, the read out disappears after an hour. That means you can't save a positive. So, I guess if I'm pregnant, I'll go buy another one and save the one with the two lines. I kind of like being able to keep your positive test. The other thing is that I wasn't sure how sensitive the digital's were. EPT detects at 40 mIUs and ClearBlue at 50 mIU, so it probably won't detect as early either, but digital is cool. Here's the website to compare pregnancy tests. So anyway, I have one more week to wait to test. I'm not sure how I feel yet. My temps aren't giving me any clear signs, I have felt tired recently, not really nauseous, no real food things, except I have been hungry, no breast changes, I seem to have broken out more lately, no mood changes. So it could be something or nothing. I guess I just have to wait.

Ok, I'm going to go hang out on the couch until bed time. Later!

No comments: