Sunday, November 16, 2003

Weekend Update

It's been a good weekend, although I don't think I'm ready to go back to work. Friday night was kind of dull, since I spent all night studying for my first CPCU exam (Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter). I procrastinated and hadn't read the texts and my essay exam was on Saturday morning. This exam was on the Foundations or Risk Management and Insurance though, so I figured I knew most of the material, since that is my job and I've already completed my ARM designation (Associate in Risk Management), but I spent Friday night cramming.

Saturday I got up went to take the test. I think I did pretty good, although I have to wait 6 weeks for them to grade it and send me my scores. That was a relief to finish. I think I've been stressed about the test because I keep doing other things when I should have been studying, and now I don't have to feel guilty about doing other things. Saturday afternoon I went shopping with Samara. I didn't buy much, but it was nice to catch up and spend some time with her. We've both had stuff going on and haven't seen each other in about a month, although we do talk on the phone a couple times a week. Saturday night, our husbands caught up with us and we went to BW3's for wings and then to the movies to see Elf. It was cute and turned out to be a nice evening.

Sunday has been really laid back. I slept in and then have just done laundry, I even ironed my sheets! I also paid some bills and updated my excel budget spreadsheet. Then I've been doing some thinking about Christmas. I really need to figure out what I'm getting people and start shopping soon. I have some ideas, but won't share here since I'm not sure and may be doing some gifts for people reading this board.

As far as the baby subject goes, I'm really pretty focused right now. I did some more reading on the Cervical Mucusand Cervical Position stuff your supposed to do in conjunction with BBT to help predict ovulation. While I haven't been checking and charting this month, I have started paying attention to the mucus lately. Today especially there's seem to be a whole lot of it. Yesterday I tried to check my cervical position for the first time. I found it, but with nothing to compare it to, I'm not sure what it means. It was kind of cool though, because I could feel the slit where the opening is. Maybe next month I'll chart that stuff too (if this month is unsuccessful, that is). I still haven't had my temperature spike. I thought it was going to this morning, as Saturday I hit 98.0, the highest yet. Then this morning it was 97.7, so not really a jump. I think for me to know it spiked, I'll have to hit 98.2 at least.

Well, I'll write tomorrow if my temp spikes, but that's it for now.

No comments: