Sunday, November 23, 2003

Weekend Recap

I thought I'd maybe write about something other than my reproductive cycle for once. So here's my weekend. It was actually very relaxing and laid back, a perfect weekend. On Friday night I did some housework. I got caught up on the laundry and cleaned the downstairs because we were having people over on Saturday. Eric and I even steam cleaned the floors and they look tons better. Then Saturday we had some friends over to watch the OSU vs. Michigan game. It was a good time, I ordered 50 wings from BW3's, made my hamburger/cheese dip for chips, and invited 2 couples over. OSU lost the game which is disappointing because everyone in this town is so crazy over OSU, but we still had fun. Then we spent the evening with our neighbors/friends and had pizza and watched finding Nemo at their place. We see them every Thursday when we watch TV together, but it was nice to hang out and actually get to talk about something other than who we want to see voted off Survivor next. Sunday we slept in a bit and then Eric went to watch the Colts play on TV at BW3's with Martin. I stayed home played on the computer some and went to the grocery store. Then I spent most of the evening making 8 dozen yeast rolls. I tested one, and was disappointed when they weren't as good as my Mom's. I froze them and will be taking them to Thanksgiving at Eric's Dad's house. I also had a nice chat with my Mom. I'm a little sad that we won't be seeing my parent's at Thanksgiving this year. This will be my first Thanksgiving away from my family. It will be different, but I suppose Eric and his Dad are my family now too, so this is just a different way to share the holiday.

Also talking to Mom, she mentioned that Grandma reads my Blog, so I just want to say I hope I haven't embarrassed her. I know that this is a public site and that I gave my family the address, so I usually write with that in mind, but it seems a little weird that Grandma knows as much about my "sex life" as my friends. Then again, while it's not something I would probably discuss in person with her, this is what I'm feeling and this website truely reflects who I am. I'm not ashamed of anything I've written here, so I'm glad we can connect in this way. If you're reading Grandma, I love you and am glad you care enough about my life to check in. I'll give you a big hug at Christmas.

I think I'm ready for next week. I've got so much going on at work, that I'll be super busy every day. I may even be working late Monday and Tuesday. Then I'll have stuff to do at home. I need to make cookies on Tuesday night to take with us. Then probably do a couple of loads of laundry and pack. We'll leave on Wednesday when Eric gets home from work. I'd also like to organize my Christmas shopping list and knock most of that out when Eric's working on Friday and Saturday. I also will be decorating for Christmas and probably doing some Christmas crafts for presents for people at work. I also wanted to work on my GWO scrapbook. Sounds like I need more than a long weekend, but it'll be fun. I also don't mind staying busy, so the next two weeks will go by quickly. Well that's it for now. I'll try to update again before Thanksgiving if anything interesting happens.

No comments: