Monday, January 31, 2005

Weekend Update

It's weird to do weekend updates. The only real difference between the weekday and weekend is that Eric is home too.

Friday night we decided to go out to dinner at Outback. I fed Grace at 5:30 p.m., which should have had her satisfied until around 8 or 8:30 p.m. We got to Outback at 7:00 p.m. and were told we had a 20 to 25 minute wait. Grace was sleeping peacefully in her carseat. The wait ended up being 50 minutes (maybe because we choose non-smoking rather than first available). Grace woke up right as we were being led to our seats, so I ended up holding her bottle with one hand and eating with the other, occasionally removing her from her carseat to be burped. It would have been fine if we got in when they told us, but oh well. It still didn't stress me out that much. The key to going places with the baby is practice. After that, we picked up a couple movies and when we got home watched Garden State. It was ok. I probably wouldn't see it again, but I've seen worse movies. Grace went to bed around 11:00 p.m.

Eric had to work in the morning, but he came home around noon. I then left to go to get my eyebrows waxed and hair done. My appt. wasn't until 1:15, so I stopped at Kohls and picked up a couple of clothing items in my new post-partum size. It was sad to move up a size, but at least I'll be more comfortable when I go back to work, until I lose the rest of this weight. I finished up my hair appt. at around 4:00 p.m. and went home. Grace was ready for a feeding, so we fed her and then decided to go to the mall. I had a Sears gift card, so I picked up a pair of jeans that fit and a couple more things for work. After that we just aimlessly wandered around the mall for a while. It was just nice to get out of the house. Grace got a bit fussy in the stroller, so I put her in the sling I remembered to bring with me. She settled right down and took a nice little nap. It was a nice workout for me too, walking around the mall for an hour or so with a 11 pound? weight strapped to me. We went home, got a pizza, and put Grace to bed at around 10:30 p.m.

Grace woke up at about 3:30 a.m. I got her back to bed just after 4:00 a.m. She started to fuss again around 6:30 a.m. Eric was downstairs on the couch, so I just brought her to bed with me. She fell back asleep and we slept until 8:00 a.m. when we had to get up and get ready for church. We went to church and when Grace started to fuss, I got up to take her out and change her diaper. One of the women from church took her from me and sent me back in to the service and she stayed out with her until church was over. After that we went home. Eric let me take a very nice afternoon nap and then he watched Grace when I went to the grocery store. Grace didn't nap much for her Dad, so she started getting really sleepy around 8:00 p.m. We watched The Terminal (great movie, by the way), but we paused it and I got her up for a bath and another bottle around 9:00 p.m. She was back asleep by 10:00, so we sent her to bed.

This morning, Grace woke up at 5:00 a.m. It was a mixed blessing. I love when she sleeps for 7 hours, but I wasn't planning on getting up until 6:00, so I was up early. After her bottle, I went ahead and showered and dried my hair. We're supposed to be practicing our morning routine for when I go back to work. I kept Grace up until about 7:00 a.m. and she was really sleepy. I put her back in her crib to sleep and headed to bed myself. That worked for about 20 minutes until she woke up again. I was tired, so rather than fight it, I brought her to bed with me. We both slept until about 10:00 this morning. So with a nice morning nap, I feel really good today.

Our routine when I go back to work will consist of Eric and I taking turns on the night shift. Then I'll get up at 6:00 a.m. to shower and get mostly ready (I won't get dressed until after I feed Grace). I'll wake Grace up at 6:30 for a bottle. Eric will get up at 7:00 a.m. I'll change Grace and have her and the diaper bag ready to leave with Eric at 7:30 a.m. Then I'll finish getting ready. We're practicing this week, so tonight is Eric's turn. Lucky for him, she's sleeping better. The overnight issue may not be a big deal for long. Babywise did say 7 to 9 weeks for overnight sleeping. We're at 7 weeks now and we've had 2 nights of 7 hour sleeps. She averages 5 to 6 hours most nights.

Ok, I need to do a load of laundry before the next bottle is due.

No comments: