Sunday, January 02, 2005

Happy New Year!

So I'm a day late, but this is still my first post of 2005.

I think this is going to be a good year. I think things are getting better with the baby. We have good days and bad days, but we're getting into more of a routine and I am starting to know how to anticipate her needs and therefore she's crying less. We also figured out that alot of her crying may be from gas, so we're trying to burp her more frequently while feeding and if she's really irritable, I'm giving her some baby gas drops to try to help.

New Year's Eve was nice, we didn't have any plans going in, but then around 7:00 p.m. Eric invited our neighbors April and Martin over. They brought over a couple of movies. We watched Dodgeball and Anchorman. They were both really funny in that purely stupid way. Grace was somewhat fussy through the evening, but I just fed her and rocked her and kept her from being too disruptive. She had what should have been her last bottle before bedtime at around 9:15 p.m. and then she stayed awake, and stayed awake, and stayed awake. We tried getting her to go to bed just before 11:00 p.m., but she'd wake up every time. She woke up at 11:55 p.m. so I got her just in time to see the ball drop and get kisses from both Mom and Dad. April and Martin stuck around until about 1:30 a.m., but Grace was still awake, so it wasn't keeping me up. Eric fell asleep around 2:00 a.m. I was exhausted, as I've also been battling a cold for the last couple of days, but finally at 2:30 a.m. Grace fell asleep for a while. She woke up again at 5:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. Eric got up around 9:30 a.m. and let me go back to bed until 12:30 p.m. So that was nice.

New Years Day, Eric gave me some time off as he watched Grace all morning and then let me go to Wal-Mart by myself to do a little shopping without Grace. I came home around 4:30 p.m. and we had a nice evening. Grace took a bath around 9:30 p.m. and was in bed for the night by 10:30 p.m. I made it to bed around 11:30 p.m. and she didn't wake up until 4:30 a.m. That was awesome! She had a quick bottle and I pumped and was back in bed by 6:00 a.m. She then slept until 9:00 a.m. and Eric got up with her and I slept until 10:30 a.m. Today we went to BW3s for lunch and Grace was an angel. She's been good all afternoon too. We even had some good quality awake time where we played on the floor together.

I thought I should make a few New Year's resolutions.

1. Get back to pre-pregnancy weight by March 1 (only 9 more pounds!)
2. Start up Body-For-Life diet once we quit "breastfeeding" (approximately 1 more week)
3. Exercise at least 3 days per week beginning Febuary 1 (or after 6 week postpartum doctors appointment). Use home equipment or videos Eric bought me or when possible go back to gym.
4. By end of year, lose an additional 10 pounds to put me close to my post-BFL weight (140 pounds - goal)
5. Be a good Mom!
6. Be a good Wife
7. Be a good Friend.
8. Get involved in a bible study at church.

That's all I can think of for now. In the immediate future, I want to write my thank you notes for the baby gifts we've received by the end of the week. I also need to get my announcements out, but I don't have them yet and am still waiting on a picture to send out with them (I think my parents have a really cute one they need to e-mail me).

Ok, I think I'm going to look for some dinner while the baby's asleep. Have a great 2005!

1 comment:

Kitten said...

Jen: I sent you an email to your yahoo account. But I have 3 addresses for you for some reason. Let me know if you didn't get it. xoxo-D. P.S. Still no word from H.