Friday, January 21, 2005

Smile?

I think I may have seen the first "real" smile today. I've been getting sneak previews for the past week or so when she's drifting off to sleep or just finishing off a bottle, but today she was awake and looking at me and the corners of her mouth turned up. I was so excited I almost cried. Then I tried to kiss her little face off, but unfortunately, that did not result in more smiles. She looked a little annoyed.

On another note about our schedule. Yesterday I threw it out the window and we didn't have a great night. We couldn't get her to bed until 1:00 a.m. Today, we're back on and things seem to be going good. She's learning to fall asleep by herself. Her first nap only had about 15 minutes of crying before she fell asleep. The only downside is she doesn't seem to sleep well when she cries herself to sleep. She keeps waking up and fussing and then drifting back off. Baby steps. Well, this nap is over, so I need to go wake her for her bottle.

1 comment:

Kitten said...

Awwwwww....now your quest is to get a picture!