Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Oh What A Night

The rest of yesterday went pretty well. We went to the grocery store after Grace's 5:00 p.m. bottle. She was so good. She was awake in her carseat while we shopped, but just looked around and didn't cry. She fell asleep when we got in line to check out, but it was "naptime" anyway, so I was fine with that. When we got home there was still about 20 minutes of "naptime" left, so I put her in her crib. She cried for those last 20 minutes, but then we went to get her and give her another bottle. After that bottle, we gave her a bath and let her hang out with Mom and Dad and had a little tummy time. She really likes being on her tummy. We gave her the final evening bottle at about 9:20 p.m. She snacked and dozed for an hour and then we put her to bed (already asleep) at 10:15 p.m. I got to bed before 11:00, so that was good.

She slept until 4:00 a.m. which was wonderful. That gave me 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Grace was sort of awake, though, so we had a tough time going back to bed. Finally, at 5:45 a.m. I decided to put her in her crib awake (although she was drowsy). I figured we planned on starting Babywise Day 2 at 6:30 a.m., so I would just let her cry those last 45 minutes. So, I left the CD player with lullabies on and put her down. When I went into the bedroom and turned on the monitor, there was no crying! It stayed that way too. She went to sleep on her own! Well, since the baby was sleeping and I was tired, we didn't get up at 6:30 to start our day. I just let her sleep and we got to sleep until 8:45 a.m.! It was heaven.

So, I'm still trying to do the schedule during the day, but I just haven't started at the right time yet. Do you blame me? It was either a 45 minute nap and waking the baby, or sleep for 3 hours and let her wake on her own. I would like a schedule, but right now sleep is still more important to me. Well, we've still got 15 more minutes of awake time and it looks like Grace is starting to fall asleep, so I better go. We'll see if she can put herself to sleep in her crib for this naptime.

1 comment:

Mrs. T said...

Wow! She's either really worn out from GWO still or maybe Babywise is working. Do you normally put the lullaby music on? That sounds so calming to me and a great idea. And it sounds like it worked for her, too. Glad to hear you are getting more sleep, too. See what a little GWO will do for ya? **wink**