Sunday, January 09, 2005

A Routine

Things are going ok here. I think we're starting to establish some sort of routine, although there are off days.

We had several good sleeping nights this week with sleeps of 5 hours or so, and then we also have had a couple of days of Grace refusing to go to bed until midnight or later and one day of getting up at 2:30 a.m. and staying up until 6:00 a.m. She's also decided the nap after the 7:00 a.m. feeding isn't necessary, although that's the one I miss the most.

Yesterday was tough. She only napped for about 2 hours total all day and then we tried to get her down for the night starting at 7:45 p.m. We thought we suceeded at 12:30 a.m., but didn't really until 1:30 a.m. Then she was up at 5:00 a.m.

We've got a busy week scheduled this week. Tomorrow (Monday) we have a doctor's appointment with the pediatrician. Tuesday we are meeting with the Cleft Palate team at Children's Hospital for our inital consult. Friday I have a dentist appointment and a lady from the church is coming to watch Grace for me. My Girls Weekend is also this weekend and my best friends will be coming in on Friday evening for the weekend. I'm hoping this means I'll get to leave the house and do some socializing. I think it will be easier with all the extra hands. Hopefully, the girls don't mind helping out with the baby (i.e. watching her while I shower, giving her a bottle, etc.) rather than just holding her while she sleeps. The breast pump is also due back this week unless I pay for another month, so we'll also be weaning this week. I have a great supply of frozen milk, but I am going to have to dry up this week. I'm hoping it isn't too painful. I'm a little sad about it, but hopefully we'll have a better experience with breastfeeding for the next baby.

On another note, I'm back into my pre-maternity clothes. Things are still a bit tight and I'm not crazy about the flab on my belly (or the residual stretch marks), but I have officially packed away the maternity clothes. I would be happy to get them out to lend to Erica, however, whenever she needs them! I still have 8 pounds to lose (to get to pre-pregnancy), but I haven't began dieting or exercising yet, so I'm pretty sure I can get that off once I can change the diet after breastfeeding is over and exercise after the doctor clears me.

I think I'm getting over the post-partum depression too. I only cried twice this week and now when I look at Grace I get that gooey mommy-love feeling. She just couldn't be any cuter and is really developing a personality. I even laugh when she cries sometimes, she's just so funny. I'm hoping we'll get a smile this week. I've seen a few when she's sleeping, so I know we're getting close. I can't wait until she smiles at me and means it.

I'm sure there is much more to discuss, but I just never have time to write when it comes up. I'll try to update after Tuesday's appointment. Then we should have a timeline on Grace's surgery and know a little more.

2 comments:

Kitten said...

I think I can safely speak for the other girls when I say we are prepared for full on Grace helping! I cannot wait to see you all!

Mrs. T said...

I'm with Kitten! Bring it on!

As for maternity clothes! Congrats J! I won't be needing them yet as the ol' aunt found me yesterday.