Monday, January 10, 2005

Big Girl

Just a quick update.

My baby girl is getting so big! She weighed in at 10 pounds 7 ounces today. At least I know she's eating well. Everything else looked great at the doctor and we won't go back until her 2 month appointment where she gets her first set of immunizations.

The doctor wants us to take the weaning slowly. Tonight she's supposed to take formula at her before bed feeding and see how that goes for a couple of days and then we'll start substituting formula for some of the breast milk feedings. It may be a bit more difficult to dry my supply up. She didn't suggest stopping cold turkey. She wants me to slow my supply down, so I'm supposed to pump enough to stay comfortable, but not empty my breasts when I pump. I'm not sure that I can get things done by Thursday when the pump is due back, but we'll see. She suggested getting a manual pump, but I don't really want to spend the money for just this weaning process. It's only $20 or so, but I'm sure manual would take a whole lot more time, and for that, I'd almost rather pay another $45 for the electric pump and take my time. I may call my doctor and see if they have any suggestions. I really want to be completely done with all forms of pumping by Thursday. How bad can it really hurt?

The other good news for today? After we got back from the doctor, Grace layed down (in her crib) for a nap from 11:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. I napped the whole time too and it was wonderful! She napped that long yesterday too, so I'm hoping we're developing a pattern. She went to bed last night around 9:00 p.m. and slept until 2:30 a.m. and then went back to sleep at 5:15 a.m. and slept until 7:45 a.m. and then we were up until after the doctors appointment. She's dozing again now, so I may see if I can get her up because I don't really want her sleeping all afternoon. I'd also like to see if we could move bedtime back until 10:00 or so and sleep until closer to 3:30 or 4:00 a.m. Supposedly formula takes longer to digest so she may sleep longer at night when we switch. We'll see how that goes tonight.

Ok, I'll try to update tomorrow after our meeting with the Cleft Palate doctors.

1 comment:

Kitten said...

I just got your birth announcement and oh my. what a cute little monkey!!!! She's adorable and the hair!

Thanks so much for sending me pics.