Thursday, July 29, 2004

It's a ....

We had the big appointment today.  I have to be honest up front and say that I was a little disappointed.  I think I was expecting clearer pictures and that we'd be able to see a whole lot now that the baby's bigger.  They weren't and we couldn't.  Now Eric says he could see what the doctor was pointing out, but I couldn't.  I felt like Rachel on Friends.  I actually cried when we got to the car because I couldn't tell what anything was.

Here's what we did see.  The baby has hands, feet, fingers, and toes.  We saw the head, heart with 4 chambers beating away, spinal cord, and legs.  At one point we followed the legs down and saw them moving and I felt movement.  I guess that really confirms it, I saw the baby kick while I felt it.  These movements are baby related.  It weighs 10 ounces right now.

Hmmm...what else?  Oh yeah, it's a girl!  Again, I couldn't see anything, but the doctor was pretty sure she was seeing girl parts.  We asked her how sure and she said 85%.  I'll take that.  I think I was hoping for a boy, but I wanted at least one of each anyway, so a girl is just fine.  I'm guessing she'll have her Dad wrapped around her little finger in no time.  Her name will be Grace Ellen Marie.  I love that name.  So now just 20 more weeks until little Grace can come out to play.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, how exciting! 85% sure it's a little girl! I love the name Grace Ellen Marie. How pretty! Sorry the ultrasound was a little disappointing (that was funny when you said you felt like Rachel!) I'll probably be like that when I go for my first one! That is really cool that you saw the baby move & then felt it. How exciting!

Kitten said...

What I want to know is when will the little girl have her credit card activated so she can join us on GWO?

For some reason that struck me as weird when you wrote "her daddy". WOW, you guys are parents....why is it just hitting me now?

Anyways, can't wait to meet the little cutie!