Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Pretty Sure

I’m now about the 90% sure that at least some of these feelings I’ve been having are the baby. In the evenings before I go to bed, I use the Doppler to listen to the baby. With the heartbeat easier to find, I am trying out other areas, listening for the bubble noises (meaning movement). Last night there were a couple of times that I heard the bubbles in the same area I was feeling the “flutters.” That made me think, that this could be it. Then after I’d been asleep, I had to get up around 1:00 a.m. to use the restroom. When I went back to bed, I was feeling something that was more localized in one area, rather than a random fluttery feeling. As I was drifting back to sleep, I was thinking, now that was probably a kick. It’s like a fluttery, poking feeling, but in a specific place, where the other things I’ve been feeling are just randomly in my lower abdomen. I could point to where I felt this, the other ones, are not as distinct. I’m sure some of the time, I’ve been confusing the digestive process with movement, but I’m pretty sure last night, was a kick.

No comments: