Sunday, July 18, 2004

Weekend Update

This weekend Eric's mom came to visit.  We had a nice weekend.  Friday she got in before we made it home for work and hung out on the deck for a bit.  When we got home we chatted for a bit and then had dinner at The Melting Pot.  She loved it, and it was fun to get to share a new experience with her.  After dinner, we headed to Wal-Mart to walk off dessert and then went home and watched  a movie.  I fell asleep during it, and then decided to crash for the evening.
 
Saturday, Eric had to go into work for a quick appointment.  The appointment got pushed back, however, so we met him and spent some time in a scrapbooking store nearby.  Donna wasn't feeling well (headache) though, so when Eric had to go back to the office, we went home and took a nap.  I wasn't complaining, I love to nap!  Eric came home and woke us up and we did some shopping.  We went by a car dealership that was advertising some deals and test drove a Chevy Equinox.  We were interested, but in my car and didn't want to subject Donna to an evening of haggling, so decided to meet up with the salesperson Monday to discuss.  Then we headed downtown to check out the Jazz & Rib Fest.  We parked in my building (for free) and started walking to the festival.  A big storm came up though, and we had to duck into a covered opening of a building to wait it out.  When the rain started letting up, we decided to head back to the car and skip the festival.  We then went to Texas Roadhouse and had dinner.  After dinner we drove by another dealership to price some SUV's.  After that we decided to go browse at Babies R Us.  I can't wait until we get to register.  It will be so much fun!  I'm starting to feel like I belong in that store now.  I saw some bigger bellies than mine, but I count!  We also have decided on a theme for the baby's room.  We are going to decorate in ducks.  If it's a boy, we'll paint the room blue and stencil yellow ducks on the wall.  If it's a girl or we can't teel, we'll paint the room green.  Either way, we'll do plain yellow bedding and make some yellow curtains.  We'll use other duck items to decorate.  It should be really cute.  We also stopped by Baby Depot inside of Burlington Coat Factory.  After they closed, we headed home and watched another movie.
 
Sunday morning we got up around 9:30 a.m. and just visited until Donna left around noon.  After she left, Eric and I went car shopping again.  We went back to the Toyota dealership and test drove a used 2001 Chevy Tahoe they had on the lot.  While the price looked nice, it seemed like more vehicle than we need and I couldn't quit thinking about the gas prices.  Then we moved over to a 2001 Toyota Highlander.  I love Toyota's and after driving it, we decided to do some paperwork.  Eric is leasing his car and when they ran the payoff versus his appraisal, his negative equity was close to $6,000!  We knew we might have some to deal with, but that amount put the Highlander (and every other SUV we'd been looking at) out of our price range.  So, we decided that an SUV may not be a viable option right now.  We then drove over to the Dodge dealership and ended up buying a 2004 Intrepid.  It's used, but still under warranty, etc. and we got a great deal.  It's also pretty loaded (leather seats, etc.), so it's a really nice ride.  Eric's happy and now we have 2 family cars, so we should be set for a while.
 
That's about it for the weekend.  I'm really excited about the nursery now.  I haven't really seen any duck bedding patterns, so I think this idea is fairly original.  I'm ok with using solid color bedding and getting the theme in other places, so it's going to be fun to really put the nursery together.  I do want a mobile though and I haven't seen any with only ducks at the baby stores.  I did some E-bay research though and found one I'm bidding on.  Three more days and it'll be mine!
 
On another note, less than a week until I get to see my best friends!  I'm so excited.  I thought things were turning around for Erica on the baby front, but it looks like today that may have changed.  Darn it!  I know she'd be a great Mom, so I want her to get to start soon.  I haven't got updates from the other girls I'll be seeing next week, but I'm sure I'll be completely caught up by this time next week.  One of my other friends that can't come to our weekend get together, just told me she may be moving up her plans for starting a family.  They aren't going to put any effort into it, but they are going to start letting nature take it's course next month!  I just want all of my friends to be pregnant too.  It would be so great if all three of us could be pregnant together for a few months at least!
 
Ok, I better end for tonight.  I'll update this week if anything good happens and next week, you'll get the scoop on GWO in Chicago!

1 comment:

Mrs. T said...

I love the idea of duckies! There is so much cute stuff out there that you can really make your own duck theme. Maybe we can find some ideas in Chi-town this weekend, too. Sounds like the visit w/ MIL was good, too.

Bummer Eric's payoff on his car was so much. Intrepid's are nice cars though, too. Definitely better on gas than an SUV.