Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Week 8, Day 5

I have known I'm pregnant for 2 weeks and 5 days. The time has flown by. To start I think I should say that the fact I didn't find out I was pregnant until Week 6, still blows my mind. This was a planned pregnancy. Eric and I decided to start trying around the beginning of June. By start trying I mean I quit taking the pill. The first month didn't work, which wasn't a huge surprise, I mean I just quit birth control, plus while on the pill I had stopped having periods, so I knew I wasn't ovulating. Anyway, that month was ok, because after a 35 day cylcle I had my first period in about 5 months. So then the second month started and we tried to time ovulation according to a normal 28 day cycle. So I was expecting a period or something around August 8th. Now my first post-pill cycle came complete with a whole week of cramps and horrible PMS. So anyway the week before I was expecting my period I had a bunch of "symptoms" (at least in my head). I felt dizzy and lightheaded for a couple of days and then in the middle of the week my nipples became very tender. I told a pregnant woman that I work with, and she swore I was pregnant, so I took a test 3 days before my expected period. No surprise, it was negative. So then I got a little pregnancy test crazy. EPT must have loved me. I tested again on day 27 and day 29 of my cycle. Both negative. So I decided to hold out until Friday, which would have been day 34 of my cylce. I figured by then, even if I was on a longer cycle than 28 days it would be positive. Still negative. This time I gave up, even though I didn't have all the PMS symptoms like the previous month, I figured I was just still irregular from the pill and breasts had become tender, so I thought I would just wait for my period. So I kind of forgot about it. Another 5 days went by and then (it was Wednesday night) I noticed that my breasts seemed larger, I checked with my husband and he agreed, so on Thursday I bought another 3-pack of EPT tests. Friday morning I took ANOTHER test, and this one was finally positive. 6 weeks after the start of my last period. That makes my due date (unless the doctor decides differently) April 17, 2004. So that's my how I found out I'm pregnant story.

No comments: