Monday, October 10, 2005

Having Some Fun

I just came back from a much needed fun weekend.

Friday I finished up at work. I have now handed off most of my work and should not have any major issues for missing work. After work, I headed to the airport and flew to Chicago. Danialle and Erica picked me up from the airport and we went back to Danialle's. We had some pizza and chatted until we hit the sack.

Saturday we got up early and had breakfast at Square Kitchen. Then we took the train to State Street for some shopping. We didn't buy much, but looking was fun. I bought a silk scarf for my head, new sweatpants, and a matching tank top. Afterwards we stopped for a burrito at a local Mexican restaurant, then headed home to get ready for Jamie's party (Danialle's sister). While we were working on the dinner, Erica and I each were treated to an hour long full body massage. One of Danialle's friend's is in school to be a massage therapist and offers her services cheaper than a salon. Plus she came to us! It was great. Later, several of Jamie's friends came by (probably 15-20 people total) and we had an Italian smorgasboard. It was fun. It wrapped up fairly early. After a day of shopping, massages, and cooking we were all tired by midnight. A few guests were still around, and Erica and I had slept on an air mattress the night before, so we thought it would be rude to air it up. So, the three of us decided to just crash in Danialle's room. Later when Chadd came to kick us out and get the air mattress, we were already asleep, so we got to stay there.

Sunday morning Danialle made us some eggs and toast for breakfast then we headed to a salon for pedicures. It was very nice. Although Erica's lady scratched her toe and cut one nail too short, so she had some issues. After the pedicure they offered a eyebrow wax. The request was specifically aimed at me (I tend to get a little bushy). I did need it, so I agreed and the other girls also decided to get theirs done. Both Danialle and Erica have more sensitive skin, so they got bright red on the forehead. Erica's was very bad and was still broke out today. After the pedicures, we headed for a wig store that Danialle had found. Unfortunately, it was closed on Sunday. Then we went to see "In Her Shoes." Tears were shed. After the movie, we headed back and had some Tai food. The weirdest thing of the evening was walking back to our car after dinner. Out of nowhere, Erica got hit by an egg. Someone must have been trying to egg parked cars while driving and missed. She said it hurt, so it must have been traveling fast. Anyway, after we got home we put on our PJ's and hung out and looked at photo albums and chatted.

Monday morning we were awakened at 5:00 a.m. by the upstairs neighbor decided to hang pictures on the wall. Danialle tried to hunt them down to make them stop but they wouldn't answer the phone or door. Finally a broom to the ceiling did the trick and we went back to sleep. We got up at about 7:30 and got ready then headed to the airport. I got in just after 1, then by the time I picked up my bag, took the shuttle to my car and drove home, it was 2. I had just enough time to grab a quick bite and then picked Grace up from daycare. She was sick all weekend with Eric and he made her a doctor's appointment at 3. We had to wait until 3:45 to see the doctor and she again has a double ear infection. We got a prescription and headed to Wal-Mart to get it filled. We ended up getting home at 3 p.m.

Then, my best friend from junior high and high school was in town. Her brother just moved to town and she came to visit. I haven't seen her in over 8 years. Crazy thing is she has a daughter that is just 2 weeks younger than Grace. We met for dinner at 6:30 p.m. and caught up a bit. I left the camera at home, so I didn't get any pictures of our kids together.

I really needed this weekend. Now I'm ready for the hard stuff to start. Tomorrow (Tuesday) I have my brain MRI at 8 a.m. and the MUGA scan for my heart at 11 a.m. I imagine I'll have a little free time in between, so I made a list of some wig shops in Columbus and we'll call around to see which ones might be a good choice to look at. After my tests are over, I'll head home. Mom and Dad are flying in and should get to my house around 2 p.m. We may go look at wigs or go pick up Grace. Tuesday evening we might need to get groceries for the rest of the week and make a plan for Wednesday.

Surgery begins at 11 a.m. on Wednesday.

I'd like to do Grace's 10 month update tomorrow. I'll try to update on Wednesday regarding my surgery even if it's just to confirm the lymph nodes are clear. However, I won't be able to update if I have to stay overnight.

No comments: