Friday, October 28, 2005

First Steps

I'm such a bad mommy that I didn't post this before, but give me a little slack, I've had alot going on.

On Tuesday, I saw Grace take two steps. Now when I described it to Eric, he said she did it over the weekend, but we all know that it doesn't count until Mommy sees it. I was picking her up from daycare and she took my keys and was playing with them. She forgot she was holding on to a toy for balance and stood without holding anything (but my keys) for maybe 10 seconds. Then she turned to me and took two tiny steps before falling into my arms. I had a 5 year old boy that told me I had "a cool baby" as my witness. I was so excited.

Grace is getting much more daring. She is taking bigger risks while cruising. She lets go quicker and tries to cross bigger gaps. It won't be long now before she's completely mobile. One good thing about her being mobile is that she doesn't want to sit and be held, so I don't think she really notices I'm not holding her as much.

And just because I can't get through a post without mentioning something about myself... Last night was not fun. I was naseaous from the time of my last post until I went to bed at 9:30 p.m. My "as needed" pill took the edge off for about an hour. I never ended up vomitting, but I felt horrible. I also had a headache which may have contributed to the nausea. Headache is gone today and so is most of the nausea. I'm slightly queasy, but I've been able to leave the couch, eat a bowl of cereal, and eating some more chicken soup for lunch. If I've had the worst of it, I'll be just fine. Just waiting on a coworker to bring over dinner to stick in the oven and then I may take a nap.

One more thing. I want to congratulate my cousin Stacie, her husband Scott, and Nathanial and Amelia for bringing home their new daughter/sister from China yesterday. Welcome to America, Ellie! Hopefully, I can meet her in person in about 3 weeks at Grandma and Grandpa's 50th Anniversary party.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't want to be too selfish or off track, but do you know anything about how your cousin financed the adoption? My husband and I are thinking about it, but he is hyper-worried about the money.

That is awesome that Grace is starting to walk unassisted! And the five year-old sounds pretty smart to know that you have a cool baby!

ellegirl said...

Hi there, I just found your blog a week ago and bookmarked it so I could follow your progress through treatment. Praise God that this chemo will cure your cancer and that you found it at an early stage with an excellent prognosis. Remember that "we must go through many hardships to enter the Kingdom of God" (Acts 14:22) I'm so glad you are blogging about your experiences. I pray that the Lord brings more people to faith as a result of your own faith in the One who can sustain and redeem us all.

My favorite scripture lately is this one, "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer" (Romans 12:12)

I'm praying for your complete healing and for your faith to remain strong. He is with you always.

Your sister in Christ,
Elle

Anonymous said...

Jen, i've been without internet for almost two weeks, so i had some major updating to do. So glad everything is going well for you. Dr. Matherley....has a nice ring to it, good luck! I can't wait to get home. May even make it for Graces 1st Birthday. See you in a month or less!