Thursday, October 09, 2003

Back to the Grind

I've been back to work for almost a full week now. It's been going pretty good. On Monday, I had several people approach me in the perfect way. They just stopped by and said that they heard what happened and were sorry. That's perfect, don't stop to chat, don't ask for all the details, don't make us remarks to make me "feel better", don't tell me stories about your friend that had 3 miscarriages and then got pregnant again. Just say your sorry. That's perfect. I only want to "discuss" with people I am close too.

Physically this recovery has been tougher than I expected. I had hardly any bleeding on Saturday and Sunday and then started bleeding more on Monday and Tuesday. It got worse and I was passing clots by Wednesday. The nurse said it's normal and only to get concerned if I start soaking a pad an hour, passing clots the size of lemons, or run a fever. None of those things are happening, so I guess I'm o.k. Yesterday I had to take Percocet as soon as I got home from work because my cramps were so bad, but today I'm barely bleeding. Interesting.

On another note, I'm restarting my diet on Monday. We've been eating the rest of the "bad" food in the house and plan to get back to the gym and our previous eating habits next week. I didn't mind gaining weight when I was going to have a baby, but now I'd like to lose 5 or 10 pounds before I get pregnant again.

Eric and I have scheduled a trip for the weekend of November 7-9 at
  • Ravenwood Castle
  • It should be so cool. We are staying in the Woodcutter Cottage. I'm looking forward to the get away. I'm hoping we can just relax and enjoy ourselves.

    No comments: