Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Another Week

Had a really great weekend. It was our 2nd official GWO (Girl's Weekend Out). We spent most of it shopping, of course, but the best part was just visiting. It really lifts my spirits to be with my girls. One cool thing that happened was that we stopped by this booth at the Covered Bridge Festival and bought these necklaces that show the phase of the moon on the day you were born. The sales person, Ava Chu, was really cool. She wasn't selling psychic services, but she seemed to have a little bit of an intuition. All we told her was that three of us were married and didn't have any kids. She looked right at me and said, "You are having a girl." Then she told Erica that she was having a boy, and told Danialle she was going to wait a while. Then she told Heather that she would find someone soon. That she would be in a serious relationship between Christmas and Valentine's Day. It was kind of cool. Who knows, but Erica and I want kids soon, Danialle is waiting, and Heather isn't dating anyone seriously right now.

I really did restart my diet yesterday. One day of no cheating, drinking my 5 bottles of water, and I went to the gym for the first time since Labor Day. I just did 20 minutes of cardio on the treadmill, but I ran 1.6 miles, so that's not too shabby. Today, I plan on doing upper body. I probably won't be able to lift my arms tomorrow.

Another good thing. The other woman in my office that got pregnant about the same time I did finally had her first doctor's appointment yesterday. All good news. They heard the heartbeat immediately and estimate her at about 13 weeks, which is where she thought she was. So far, so good. She was really nervous because she's had problems in previous pregnancies, but this one's doing good.

The baby making for me hasn't changed much. I am ready whenever, but have to wait for my body to catch up. Eric has come around and agreed that we can try again after I have a period. So just waiting on that. I'm hoping it happens sometime next week. I have a doctor's appointment on Friday (3weeks), so I don't want it to happen before then, since I may have to get an internal exam. And Eric and I are going away for the weekend on November 7, so I don't want it to happen then. I hope it's come and gone before my weekend getaway, but we'll see.

No comments: