Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Quick Update

Very quick update before I go hit the books. (Chemistry Exam on Thursday!)

As always, I've been pretty busy. Last update was a week ago after we took Grace to get her hair cut on Monday. Tuesday night I had class and then I left on a 6:45 am flight on Wednesday to go to Austin, Texas until Friday. One of my favorite clients was having a Controllers/Manager's meeting and they wanted me to do a 2 hour presentation on their insurance program. It went pretty well, but I was glad to get home on Friday night. When I got home, I had to do the laundry and repack for our weekend trip.

Saturday morning Eric had Step 3 of 4 of his interview process for the weekend job he's working on. After he finished, we left for Indiana for a family reunion. We met up with the BIL, SIL, and nieces at my MIL's house. The guys helped her put up a shed in the yard while I supervised the little ones. Once they finished up, we left the cousins with Nana and headed out for the evening with Kyle, Leslie and Eric's best friend from high school and his wife. We had a dinner at TGI Friday's, stopped by BW3s for a drink, and then headed to play putt-putt, unfortunately we had just missed the cutoff for the last round of putt-putt, so the guys took a turn on the go-cart track and hit some softballs in the batting cages, before we decided head for a local bowling alley. We bowled two games and closed the place down before retiring for the night.

Sunday we had a leisurely morning before heading to a local park for a family reunion on my Father-In-Law's side. It was a good time. Grace loved the food. She kept shoveling it in. We left for home around 2:30 p.m. and got home in time to put Grace to bed.

This week I've got lots to do both at home and work. Today I had class, tomorrow I'm taking my car for an oil change, plus laundry and studying. I have a test on Thursday, plus this weekend I'm going to Indiana for a girls weekend. I was hoping it was going to be a weekend of celebration, but Erica's month didn't end as we all hoped, so we will have a lot of the supportive side of friendship going on.

I'm going to try for one more post before the weekend, but we all know good intentions don't always work out.

No comments: