Friday, April 14, 2006

Exam I

Eric’s already given me a little pep talk, but I must admit that I am slightly disappointed after my first Chemistry mid-quarter exam last night. It was 25 multiple choice questions and I felt well prepared. The first 20 I breezed through, but the last 5 gave me some trouble. I was pretty sure I figured it out and then when I checked the facts after the test, I still felt good. To be honest, I thought it was possible that I got 100%. After the test we had to do the lab. It was ok, but it was agonizing to wait on my score. Finally, at the end of lab he handed back the answer sheets. I got an 88%. I missed 3 questions, but only one of them was in the last 5, so I don’t know what happened on the others. We’ll go over them on Tuesday.

Luckily, we can through out the lowest of our four mid-quarter exams, so hopefully this is it for me. This just scares me, because I really need to get an “A” in this class. I did get 10 out of 10 on my first lab assignment, so that is good, however, the best I can get on lab #3 (next week) is a 3 out of 10, because I won’t be present for the actual lab and can only do the pre-lab assignment. I guess I better ramp up the studying, if I want to do well. There should still be enough points that I can bring my grade up if I try. Uggh. To be honest, the worst thing was that there is this girl that acts like she know it all and I overheard her say that she got a perfect score on the test. Maybe she does know it all…I guess I’m just used to being the one to get the highest score in the class. Although, I’m sure if I were a professional student and not working 40+ hours a week and having a 16 month old to chase around in the evenings and weekends, I might have a little more time to get those perfect scores. Ok, enough, next time I’ll do better. Now time to get to the job I get paid for.

1 comment:

Mrs. T said...

That's still pretty darn good. And this was your first exam in how many years??? I think you are doing great and I know you will succeed to the best of your abilities! Don't be so hard on yourself! We still love you if you get a B... But I don't think you will.