Sunday, April 09, 2006

Weekend

I'm just finishing up a very nice weekend with Eric's Dad and girlfriend. Grace is currently in a great mood and is eating goldfish and playing in the basement as I type. If that changes, I'll finish this tonight.

All week, Eric and I have been doing little bits of prep work on the bathroom. Sunday we dry-walled, Monday I put on a coat of primer, Wenesday we did a little more sanding and taping in preparation for painting. Thursday after class I did a quick cleaning job. Friday the plan was to steam the really icky spots on the carpet and paint. We were expecting the family in around 9 or so (assuming they'd leave after work).

Friday morning we got a call that they were leaving around 2 p.m. so would be arriving around 6. Eric ended up going home early from work after his post-surgery medicine was making him sick, so he steamed in the afternoon. We had to skip the painting. After they made it into town and checked into the hotel (they prefer to stay in a hotel, as they both smoke and can't in our house), they came by. Eric's dad got a look at the bathroom and they finished up the last section of drywall. We had skipped the piece where the faucet is.

Saturday they came over around 9 a.m. and the guys got started on the tiling. Grace, Christie and I decided to go to Babies R Us. I wanted to get her a new jacket for spring and Christie asked if she could buy her a couple of outfits for summer. Now that we know she was 25 pounds 7 ounces at her doctor's appointment on Thursday, it makes since that her 18 month clothes are getting tighter. Most 18 month brands end at 26 pounds. We don't have much in the 24 month range. Christie went a little wild and bought Grace about 7 or 8 outfits for summer, 2 sets of summer pj's, 2 pair of shoes, plus her new spring coat. It was lots of fun. After that, we went to baby gymnastics (again I forgot my camera!) Once we got home, Grace took a nap.

Ok, time to save for later...
I'm back (several hours later...)

At around 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, the guys stopped work in the bathroom, so we could all shower and get ready to go out. We took Grace to a friend's to babysit and then we headed downtown and had dinner at Gordon Biersch. Then we went to the Bluejackets vs. Detroit Redwings hockey game. We lost, but it was still fun! Then we picked up the baby (who was still awake at 9:45 p.m.!) and headed home and to bed.

Sunday morning Gary and Christie came back around 10 a.m. I finally woke Grace up at 9:30 a.m.! Sleepy girl. The guys worked on the tile project until 4 p.m. and then the in-laws left for home. During the day, Christie played with Grace while I tried to study a little and I also tried to take a little nap on the couch while Grace was napping. Tonight I kept Grace entertained while Eric did some final touch-ups on the grout and caulking. After she went to bed, I went to the grocery and then just had a nice chat with my Mom.

The other big news of the weekend was this morning when my friend Erica had her egg retrieval as a part of the study she's in. All the details are here, but the good news was that they got 20 good eggs! Her embryo transfer will be on Wednesday and she'll get her pregnancy test results during the week before our next Girls Weekend. Keep praying for her, because I would like to celebrate more than the end of chemo and radiation that weekend!

Ok, better go spend some time with the hubby before bed and then back to work tomorrow. Oh, the thought makes me a little nauseous... (work that is, not spending time with the hubby!)

No comments: