Monday, February 27, 2006

MIA

I haven't had time to update lately. Work has been so crazy that I have been bringing work home most nights and haven't been online to update. Here are some things to update about.

Tests - CT and MUGA
Last Wednesday I spent the day at the hospital getting my repeat chest CT and Muga scan. The tests went fine. Today I got my results and all was good. My CT showed the nodule was still there and the same size. That's a good sign and they'll continue to follw-up in about 6 months. The MUGA actually showed a 1% improvement in my heart function.

Radiation
Last Monday I had my radiation simulation. Wednesday, I thought I was going to start radiation, but they just took some x-rays to be sure that the marks they made on Monday were in the right spot. Thursday was my first official day and I got an 8:15 a.m. time for every day. It's been really easy. I go in, put on a gown, go to the room and get on the table, get zapped, then change again and I've been back at work at 8:45 a.m. So far no noticable side effects and the baby powder seems to be working fine as deoderant. So far, so good.

Herceptin
Last week I was scheduled for Herceptin on Wednesday, but I was so busy with all of my other Wednesday appointments I tried to reschedule. Instead, they just let me cancel it. This week was my last weekly appointment. Next appointment is in 3 weeks.

Girl's Weekend with Work Friends
Last weekend I went to Lake Cumberland in Kentucky with 4 other co-workers. One of them owns a lakehouse, so we stayed there. It was awesome and beautiful. It sleeps 20, so it was huge. We left work early on Friday and drove the 5 hours to the house. We got in around 8 p.m. and stayed up late. We played Phase 10 and made some snacks and then got in the hot tub. Saturday we slept in a little and then got up and had pancakes, bacon, and eggs for breakfast. After everyone dressed we drove over to the boat dock and walked around for a little while and then drove over to the marina and looked at all the house boats. After that we went back and had a late lunch/ early dinner of hamburgers on the grill, pasta salad, and baked beans. After that we walked down a huge hill (I'm talking my calves are still sore) and saw the lake. When we came back up to the house we started playing 5-handed Euchre. Then we played a little pool and then Scrabble. We went to bed a little after midnight. Sunday morning we had another big breakfast and then packed and cleaned up the house. We got home around 6 p.m.

More Appointments
I'll still be busy this week with doctor's appointments. Of course, I have my daily radiation. Today I had my Herceptin appointment. Thursday, I'm scheduled to go meet my new OB/GYN and get an IUD. I had called about it the week before and my doctor was on vacation. They called me back on Wednesday and she thinks I should get an IUD. I've done a little research and have a list of questions to ask before they go ahead. Friday, Grace has her follow-up with the plastic surgeon. The good news is that I think that her small hole may have closed. She won't really let me look, but last time I did it looked like it was getting smaller. I also think she can suck now. She makes a sucking noise now when she uses her sippy cup and I never heard that before. We'll see. On top of that, I'll probably have to work late at least one night this week or take more work home. Also, Wednesday is my birthday. No plans, but maybe that will change by then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are one busy girl -- and I hope that helps distract you from the fight of your life! It does for me. It's hard to feel sorry for myself when I keep going and going. That's why evenings are sometimes difficult for me. All is quiet, my baby boys are sleeping, and my mind wanders. But all day long, I am fine. I hope you are too!

Jacki

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Hope your having a great day!