Monday, January 30, 2006

Weekend

I haven't updated in a while, but I don't feel like much is going on. I guess that's good. With the craziness of January it was nice this weekend not to do much of anything.

Friday night was like most normal nights. The normal routine and we watched a little tube. Saturday morning Eric went to a pre-employment screening at a local company. He's considering a weekend job and this place pays really well and could possibly give him some management options if he decided to work there full time. The second job would be to help us pay on some debt. We have one credit card with a significant balance and the change in credit card legislation has really jacked our payment. That combined with our plans to go to a one income family when I start medical school in 3 short years, makes it seem like a reasonable idea to find some extra cash and try to get as much out of debt as possible. Anyway, Eric went there Saturday morning and Grace and I just hung out at home. After lunch I took Grace to the mall to get her 1 year pictures taken (just 6 weeks late) and then we stopped by Best Buy and I got some ink for my printer and a new pair of headphones with a Gift Certificate my brother gave me for Christmas. It was such a beautiful day that I didn't want to stay cooped up inside all evening too, so Eric and I decided to go to Applebee's for dinner. We got there early (about 5:45 p.m.), but still had a 30 minute wait. We had a decent dinner and then picked up some movies on the way home. We put Grace to bed and then watched Wedding Crashers and The Transporter 2. Wedding Crashers wasn't as good as I expected and the 1st Transporter was way better than the sequal.

Sunday we went to church and took Grace back for the first time since her surgery. She did fine in the nursery despite her "sleeves" and everyone seemed glad to see her. Sunday afternoon we napped and just hung out. I spent my free time this weekend working up a plan/timeline for diet and exercise and printed off a bunch of worksheets to make a new BFL journal. That's the only diet that ever really worked for me, so I'm planning on doing it again starting towards the end of this month.

I've been noticing some side effects from the Taxotere the last couple of days too. All last week, I noticed my stomach was a little upset. Not nausea, the other way. I wondered if I had a bug, but then it occurred to me, that I had chemo last week, so maybe it's related. I have also noticed I've been a bit more achy and have had a headache the last few days. The headache isn't like my migraines though, it's more like my head hurts to touch. Weird. Today at work I noticed that my hands were a little numb and tingly. All of those things are side effects they warned me about, so I'm not too concerned. I just keep thinking, one more dose!

I had my Herceptin today and didn't get a recliner. I hate it when they are busy. Luckily my treatment was short, so I didn't mind much. Tomorrow I'm going to go see a new Primary Care doctor. It's just an appointment to meet her and see if I want to make her my PCP, so hopefully we like her. We don't have a good relationship with our current PCP and it keeps us from going to the doctor sometimes, so we need someone new. I hope I like her.

Ok, I'm going to go study a little CPCU and then head to bed. I'm going to attempt to get up early tomorrow to run on the treadmill. Wish me luck!

No comments: