Friday, September 23, 2005

Pathology

This morning at 9:30 a.m. the surgeon called with my results from biopsy from surgery. Let's just say when the surgeon calls personally, it can't be good news.

I have cancer. It stills blows my mind. I'm 26 years old with no family history and yet, somehow, I developed breast cancer.

I'm doing ok. I think I'm still in shock and it hasn't really sunk in yet. Eric was a mess, but he's doing better now. We are going in to talk to the doctor at 4:30 this afternoon. I'm guessing she'll tell me most of the same things she said on the phone, but this time I'll listen.

I think we're going to do some testing to be sure it isn't anywhere else, and maybe discuss what treatment options will be.

I don't really know anything else right now. I'll update you as I know more, but for now, just keep me in your prayers.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything will work out in the end. My husband's mom had breast cancer, and she's been free of it for quite a few years with no other complications once they removed it. She has to go in once a year to make sure everything is normal, but hers has never came back. My aunt also had it and hasn't had any problems. She had to go through chemotherapy but they caught hers much later than normal too I think. (Chemo didn't last very long either) At least you caught it fairly early...that's always a good thing. Keep us updated. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, honey...I'm so, so sorry. I know you and your family/friends are in shock. I will be praying for you and keeping you in my thoughts. I hope you get through this as easily and healthy as possible. Take care sweetie.

Kitten said...

I agree with anonymous...there are a ton of positives surrounding this great big sucky negative. We got your back. The "C" word can suck it!!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that I am so sorry you are having to deal with such a scary issue. My Aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. She had to go through chemo, (which suprisingly wasn't hard on her at all..the drugs they have now days are amazing). She is now cancer free and feeling wonderful. Thank goodness you are taking care of this at what sounds to be a very early stage. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Valerie

April said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Mrs. T said...

My hubby wanted me to let you know he was thinking of you, too. He also wanted me to let you know his mom had a similar situation over 10 years ago. Found a lump, didn't think it was cancerous until they actually removed it. She did a little bit of chemo and it never went any further than that one lump. I hope the same holds true for you. I'm thinking of you constantly!

Anonymous said...

Jen...

If there is anything i can do to help, let me know... I'll be home in a few months.

Jeremy

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you during this difficult time. I am 26 myself and cannot imagine facing such an obstacle at such a young age. You have inspired me to be more diligent with my home breast exams, and I commend you for finding this thing so soon. You will beat this.

Tomika said...

Oh, wow...I'm absolutely floored! You and your family will be in my prayers. I know things will work out fine - it's great when they can find things at an earlier stage.