Monday, September 12, 2005

Getting Better

I'm not sure what the change is, but I'm feeling beter this week. I took my CPCU exam (although I didn't pass and will have to retake it). I actually got something accomplished at work today and I got to have an evening out with my husband this weekend. I've still got some stress. I've decided not to worry about the diet until things calm down a little. I've got a trip to Toronto Thursday and Friday of this week and surgery next week. At least I feel a little better for the moment.

Anyway, about the weekend. We left Friday after work for Indiana. Grace was right on schedule. She played and chatted nicely in the car until we stopped at 6:30 p.m. for dinner. We all ate and then got back in the car. At about 7:25 she started getting fussy and then at 7:35 p.m. fell fast asleep. When we got to Eric's mom's house, I woke Grace up to change her diaper and put her in her pajamas. When she saw we were in a new place and her Nana, she was wide awake. Considering the time difference, I decided this was ok and hoped she'd sleep later in the morning. After about 45 minutes she started acting tired again, so we put her to bed.

Despite my hopes, Grace woke up at 5:30 a.m. (6:30 our time). As soon as she cried, Donna got up and got her. I got up too and fixed her breakfast (cereal, bananas, and bottle). Then I went back to bed until about 7:30 a.m. while Donna fed her and played. When I got up I made some dip for the family reunion and Eric and I showered and got ready while Grace took a nap. We woke Grace at about 10:00 and fed her again before we headed to the reunion. The reunion itself was ok. It was hard on Grace because she had to be held, play in the pack-in-play or in the stroller. The reunion was at a park, so we couldn't let her crawl around anywhere. Eric's brother and family arrived at around 2 p.m. Eric, Grace, and I left around 3:30 and went to the mall to get some clothes for a family picture (we had a misunderstanding about whether or not we were going to do pictures, so we didn't pack clothes). When we got back to Donna's we changed, cleaned up a little and fed Grace. Then we went to BW3's with Kyle and Leslie to watch the OSU/Texas game. We stayed until just after halftime and then went to Bogey's to play a round of putt-putt and ride go-carts. We got home around midnight.

Grace got up at 6:30 and so did everyone else. We all showered and dressed and headed across the street to get our pictures taken at Donna's neighbor's studio. We took a family picture of Eric, Grace, and I. We also took a picture of the whole family (Donna, Kyle, Leslie, Ashton, Logan, Eric, Grace, and I). This one wasn't as good as we wanted it to be. Logan decided, since she was two, she didn't want her picture taken. She screamed anytime we even attempted to take a picture. We did the best we could. Finally at around 11 a.m. we left for home. We had to stop for lunch and then stopped at the grocery store on the way home, so finally made it back around 4:45 p.m. One good part was that Logan uses a sippy cup that Grace will be able to use. It is called a Nuby and has a very soft top and spout. If you put pressure on the spout (biting or sucking), a valve opens and the liquid will pore out. We bought several at Wal-Mart when we got back. After Grace went to bed we watched the Colts win the first game of the season.

Very relaxing weekend.

2 comments:

Kitten said...

GOOD! You needed it I'm sure! I'm glad you have a date set too. Just keep taking care of yourself and those around you will benefit too.

Side note: Have you heard from Mrs. T. yet?!?!?!

Secondly, did you get a date for Monkey's surgery?

Thirdly, do I have to ask....post pictures! ;)

Jennifer said...

I have heard from Mrs. T and I just have to say I'm glad she hasn't had time to post if you know what I mean. Dr. orders!

No date for Grace's surgery yet. I need to track down that doctor's number.

I'll look and see if I have any good pics tomorrow. We should chat about posting video. I have some great crawling footage.